13 GT500 says buh bye to a C63 AMG coupe mercedes

kaz109

Established Member
Yup and even the SLS got beat by the GT500. The C63 AMG is a fine machine none the less.
Laguna Lap | Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Fastest Lap Road Tests - Motor Trend Magazine

Just depends on the track man...C63 BS is 2 seconds faster than a 13 GT500 at VIR and GT500 is 6 seconds faster than C63 . The track times will vary since some have longer straight aways than others . You cant go wrong with either car as they both are great cars and bring something different to the table

cdvision

Established Member
Just depends on the track man...C63 BS is 2 seconds faster than a 13 GT500 at VIR and GT500 is 6 seconds faster than C63 . The track times will vary since some have longer straight aways than others . You cant go wrong with either car as they both are great cars and bring something different to the table

Yup. A friend of mine had a 2007 C63 AMG a few years ago. At the drag strip he'd pull up at the line with the A/C on and tunes cranked. Then proceed to hand many modded cars their a$$. It would snap off consistent high 12's. Great touring, road car too, with lots of room.:beer:

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Yup. A friend of mine had a 2007 C63 AMG a few years ago. At the drag strip he'd pull up at the line with the A/C on and tunes cranked. Then proceed to hand many modded cars their a$$. It would snap off consistent high 12's. Great touring, road car too, with lots of room.:beer:

They didn't make then in 07 but I got your point :beer:.....its a great dd that has a one of the few high revving NA motors left so it just has a different feel then most other in its class. The GT500 is just a whole different animal and deserves every bit of respect it gets .

cdvision

Established Member
They didn't make then in 07 but I got your point :beer:.....its a great dd that has a one of the few high revving NA motors left so it just has a different feel then most other in its class. The GT500 is just a whole different animal and deserves every bit of respect it gets .

Opps. I meant 2008. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread