13 GT500 Seems weak

03SonicStang

Established Member
Have you tried any other launch modes?

View attachment 72483

View attachment 72487

[video=youtube;kmSyg2EL-MU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmSyg2EL-MU[/video]

[video=youtube;quE3pKJGTQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quE3pKJGTQQ[/video]

Thank you for this reply.....I've played with i thought most of the modes but this really explains it better!

03SonicStang

Established Member
You will have to data log to know for sure, the stock tune will pull timing right away with moderate iat2 temps. The heat will really effect these cars in stock form, on a side know never go wot with low fuel like that. You could really be down on power and need a new motor fast. I always run with at least a half tank so both fuel pumps get enough fuel. It's not like the 03/04s where you could run a quarter tank.

Good tip, that could have been a costly lessen learned

03SonicStang

Established Member
So, I've checked the intercooler and its working just fine. Went out couple days ago, it was about 87F, hot, did 2 first, second runs, first one was OK second one felt like I was driving a 200HP Mustang.

Went to Ford for the Airbag recall and they stated "if no idiot light is on, there's nothing they can do." That is unless they recreate the issue, which I'm not OK with. I can do it with someone in the car, but I guess that's not allowed.

Might just take it to Lido, Dynoed and see if anything comes up.

Another thought, should I change the radiator/intercooler fluid, car has 10K on the clock. How about a lower temperature thermostat? Thanks for reading.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So, I've checked the intercooler and its working just fine. Went out couple days ago, it was about 87F, hot, did 2 first, second runs, first one was OK second one felt like I was driving a 200HP Mustang.

Went to Ford for the Airbag recall and they stated "if no idiot light is on, there's nothing they can do." That is unless they recreate the issue, which I'm not OK with. I can do it with someone in the car, but I guess that's not allowed.

Might just take it to Lido, Dynoed and see if anything comes up.

Another thought, should I change the radiator/intercooler fluid, car has 10K on the clock. How about a lower temperature thermostat? Thanks for reading.
You can always run stright distilled water and royal purple ice in your intercooler. that's what I did in my 2013

raustin0017

Established Member
I live in SC and the heat is high and humidity is higher...IMHO your problem is not heat related. I suggest calling Van, get a SCT turner, data log and find the issue.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
typical blower heat soak. why don't u just remove the cats and have it tuned without them?

I jus welded a fake cat shell around mine to look like it has cats so wen DMV looks under there they see it has cats or at least it looks that way.

I can remember taking out my TVS powered 2012 Mustang with ALL the supporting mods and on really hot n humid nights it jus ran like such garbage after the first few pulls! I honestly didn't even want to drive it on them nights cause I was afraid a Turbo car wud smoke me lol

and I had all the cooling upgrades known to man!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Lidio will get you set straight.
I'll be up there with my car this weekend or next, and if it is the cats and you want a stock H-pipe I have one with less than 1000 miles.
Let us know.
-J

03SonicStang

Established Member
Thanks. I could get in Thursday but he can't tune the car as he's waiting on a shipment of SCT's. So my plan was to purchase a new mid pipe, thinking MRT catted h or Kooks catted x or something catless or stock mid pipe. Then get the car in to lidio for a full tune. Appreciate the offer on the stock pipe and just might take you up on it.

It's completely stock now and a louder exhaust is really tempting. Just can't be too loud the wife and kids will complain. I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but any suggestions ?

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Off-road H-pipe with his tune and all else stock, the stock mufflers sound great.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll pretend you didn't say that haha :)
Seriously though, complete stock exhaust with only change to off-road h-pipe sounds perfect.
If you're going to tune and willing to run DRs, the o/r pipe, 4.10s, drag radials and Lidio tune is an amazing street package. I did that but stock mid pile and went 11.03.
I'll be up there next Sat.
Good luck
-J

03SonicStang

Established Member
I'll pretend you didn't say that haha :)
Seriously though, complete stock exhaust with only change to off-road h-pipe sounds perfect.
If you're going to tune and willing to run DRs, the o/r pipe, 4.10s, drag radials and Lidio tune is an amazing street package. I did that but stock mid pile and went 11.03.
I'll be up there next Sat.
Good luck
-J

Going to stop by MRT on Monday, maybe they have and O/R H In stock. Then get in for a tune. I'd love to do more, with the car, but the wife is not having it!! Nice run btw!

03SonicStang

Established Member
Thanks. I'm going to pull that pin tonight and check it out. Funny, when driving today the loss of power was more intermittent. Maybe that's it. Either way, Gettimg the car custom tuned next Friday, also picked up my MRT off road H. Excited to have another alternative auto tuned car

Users who are viewing this thread