13 gt500 shorted battery cell?

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
Thats what my battery charger is saying -- Yes the car had sit all through winter with a couple of start ups and a couple of runs, but the battery is not chargeable at all. The charger says the battery cell has shorted. My fault for leaving my baby dead. Anyhow, seems like I am looking for a new battery --Unless someone else has any ideas.
Any suggestions on a new one or should I just go OEM?

NELCO

Established Member
So I am assuming you tried to start her but no go? Wow if that that is the case to lose a cell means you are 2 volts down. A 12 volt battery has 6 -2 volt cells. What about warranty?
Nelco

rancid

Established Member
Believe it or not I replaced my battery in mine at under 200 miles. I let it sit and charged the battery, drove the car once and let it sit again and the second time the car was tripping all kinds of dash lights, cel, and the nav wouldn't turn on. Took the battery in to ford and swapped it for a new one ($140 later) and car was back to normal.

1FASFKR

Established Member
Same thing happened to me with my Boss. I jumped it and took it to the dealer. They did all their necessary testing and then installed a new batt. Under Warranty.

svt662

Established Member
Did you take the pos cable off when stored? It will be covered under the factory warranty!

Users who are viewing this thread