13 Mustang 5.0 Vs Maserati GranTurismo

joe12289

Established Member
Soo this Is my First post on here so excuse the noobness.Now for the Kill. So I drove down to Houston for the Weekend for my Best Friends Birthday party saturday. Sunday Morning after they kicked us out of the hotel (12 checkout time is horrible.. should be 2pm) I was driving down westhimer & S. gessner. I see a Maserati speeding up from behind and passes traffic up including me. Sooooo since I Just got this Roush supercharger installed I wanted to give a go so I speed up and catch up to him. I give the nod and he returns it to me... But as soon as he did that he punched it. So i dropped it into second. By the Time i got to the top of 2nd I had caught up. Popped in to 3rd and Deuces! So i had about a 3 cars lengths on him when i decide to slow down because up a red light. when he caught him next to me on my left he just drove forward and gave me the blinders. Lol I guess he didn't expect a Stock looking Mustang to beat him. :-D:rockon:

joe12289

Established Member
The best part is that since its a Phase 1 Roush kit. It doesn't have the whine.. yet. So as far as he knows a stock 5.0 beat. On to the next one! lol

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Nice kill. What does a stage 1 roush kit put down? 525?

"Stage 1" is an appearance package.

"Phase 1" is the supercharger upgrade. "1" is said to be good for 575hp, TVS with 85mm pulley, injectors, TB and intercooler.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
What kind of Maserati? Maserati possibly modded as well? Or is this a modded "x" beat a stock "y" scenario?

joe12289

Established Member
This was likely modded X beats a stock Y. I couldn't tell if it was modded. More than Likely it was stock. It was 09-12 Maserati Grandturismo Body style. I would have asked for details from the driver but he gave the blinders. Suspect is right on the money with the Phase 1 answer. I'm already itching for 1-3 Phase upgrade lol

Last edited:

belfordp

Established Member
Nice Kill. I noticed your in CC? We should meet up sometime and run. I have the CJ intake setup. Since your still on the stock tires, I might have a chance hahah (until you catch traction)...

joe12289

Established Member
Nice Kill. I noticed your in CC? We should meet up sometime and run. I have the CJ intake setup. Since your still on the stock tires, I might have a chance hahah (until you catch traction)...

Yea your right. Traction is a problem. I still get squirrel in 3rd. still playing with the set up to feel her out and figure her sweet spot for launch. yea let me know when you wanna chill. grab a beer or something.

rikb53

Established Member
hey joel - I had the orig Roush Stage I when it was 540hp for my 12' 5.0 and literally jumped on it when they offered Stage III (675hp). of course - I do have the whine now - but, hopefully I "blow doors" quickly enough so, only I hear it!!

joe12289

Established Member
hey joel - I had the orig Roush Stage I when it was 540hp for my 12' 5.0 and literally jumped on it when they offered Stage III (675hp). of course - I do have the whine now - but, hopefully I "blow doors" quickly enough so, only I hear it!!

Lol Yea I can't wait to get the Phase 3 Roush. BUTTTTT i promised myself i would Get bigger brakes first... which then intails new rims and tires. Are you rocking bigger brakes? if not.. how do you feel about the stopping power currently On you stang?

Users who are viewing this thread