13 struts

carclub

Established Member
Are the struts from 12 to 13 the same I dropped mine and cut off wires on bottom of left one. Thanks and I did search but couldn't find answer

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
I see what you mean sorry, You have the adjustable suspension I guess. Man I hope you can find a solution other than having to buy the whole thing. Good luck on this--

Last edited:

carclub

Established Member
I do own a 13. I didn't cut the wires. I was putting lowering springs on it and I dropped the strut and when it landed it was on the end the wires come out of. The wires were pinched between strut and ground causing them to get cut.

440sprint

Established Member
If you cut only the insulation on the wire, just triple wrap electrical tape tightly around the wire at the cut & you should be good to go. Check the tightness of the tape occasionally.

carclub

Established Member
Unfortunately the way they are made and the weight of them the wires are no longer attached and there is not enough wire sticking out to splice them. Found some from a 2012 was curious on fitment. I'm not sure if one is taller than the other or if bottom mount is the same. They should have same dampening system in them, if not if should be close.

Myfast70

Established Member
The '12 does not have the push button suspension. It sounds like you may need a whole new strut. Bummer

Users who are viewing this thread