14.7 at idle

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
running a stock narrowband upstream and an lc-1 down for tuning. drivability is fine as the car has been tuned and still being tweeked, but at idle the car does idle up to about 2000rpms until the meter hits 14.5-15.0. i suspect the computer is increasing the rpms to stay 14.7. does this sound about right?

2002BLGT

Established Member
running a stock narrowband upstream and an lc-1 down for tuning. drivability is fine as the car has been tuned and still being tweeked, but at idle the car does idle up to about 2000rpms until the meter hits 14.5-15.0. i suspect the computer is increasing the rpms to stay 14.7. does this sound about right?

PCM will adjust pulsewidth to reach stoich not RPM itself unless its to a point that the car is going to stall out then the PCM will open the IAC to keep the engine running , idling high can be caused by several things , mostly small vacuum leaks

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
PCM will adjust pulsewidth to reach stoich not RPM itself unless its to a point that the car is going to stall out then the PCM will open the IAC to keep the engine running , idling high can be caused by several things , mostly small vacuum leaks

ok thanks...maybe i neede to do a smoke test.

funny thing is if i pull the maf plug, it WILL idle at 900rpms, just super rich...like 11 to 1

01yellercobra

Established Member
If the tune is still being tweaked then the idle and lower MAF transfer probably still need some work. Are you tuning it or are you having someone tune it for you?

Users who are viewing this thread