14' GT500 vs Cammed C6 LS3 Corvette

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Good run and Vette was fast. Course, couple bolt on's on your GT500 it would have been over much sooner. :D

Some bolt ons would be nice. These cars respond so well to them.

dam good win zyborg. great shifting

Thanks man. I do think my buddy shifted better.

Very nice! Keep it and mod it Zyborg. How often do you come across a clean car like you have.
I love me some '13/1'4 GT500 cars.

Thanks man and very true. Not too often. Thats why Im not giving it away or in a rush to sell it.

It makes sense..: he's probably 500 whp and weighs 3100 lbs without driver. Your car is 590-600 whp and closer to 4K lbs.

Equally great driving and shifting and the more powerful car slightly pulls ahead.

I wouldnt call that "slightly pulling ahead" but its all good :D.

With just a cam (no heads\intake) I don't see that being a 500whp car, I also think it's heavier than 3100 more like 3300, which is still a big weight advantage.

LS3's can easily be over 500 rwhp cam/bolt ons only... FYI.

Good Run!

Whats this about you already selling the GT500? Getting back in a Camaro?

Been thinking of upgrading living quarters. I got it listed but in no real rush to sell.

I like the '10-'12 non-HID style headlights you put on.

Lol.... not sure where you got that but car is bone stock. Headlights are oem.

I'm surprised it runs that. My ls3 Vette runs 11.0@124 with just a CAI,Headers ,tires and a converter. Im hoping to go lower 10s at over 130 with my cam.

I have found it that track times, just like dyno numbers are not absolute. There are many variables that affect things. How well was the track prepped? DA? Temperature? IATs? Etc....

One key thing to rember is that its much easier to get good times out of an automatic car at the 1/4 than it is a manual.

Like Ive said, Ive seen videos of this guy's car in action and it is definitely no punk. Car moves well for the mods.

You've got a strong GT-500 there. Yeah, I'd think hard before selling it. Really good looking ride!

Thanks Bob!

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Love both cars!!! Good vid, shows how quick the 13-14's really are with a hotshoe behind the wheel. I see more videos with high hp mustangs shifting so slow you can almost count to three between the shifts, glad to see both of you all driving them right!!

Sorry to get off topic but how much weight can you pull from a GT500 without making it a junker(ie. keeping all the comforts still) Thanks!

HandBanana

Established Member
With just a cam (no heads\intake) I don't see that being a 500whp car, I also think it's heavier than 3100 more like 3300, which is still a big weight advantage.

LOL, you're not an LS guy I guess. LS3 heads already flow like a mofo, no need for head-work really. Cam only LS3 vettes make 480-500 all day long, with that aggressive of a cam, its very likely that is what he made.

Good run OP.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LOL, you're not an LS guy I guess. LS3 heads already flow like a mofo, no need for head-work really. Cam only LS3 vettes make 480-500 all day long, with that aggressive of a cam, its very likely that is what he made.

Good run OP.

Agreed...The factory heads for LS cars have usually been pretty kick ass right out of the box, LS3 heads are no different and typically flow 315 - 330ish CFM @ .600 lift untouched. I agree that a bolt-on car with a fairly aggressive cam would be right in the 500 ballpark, especially if he had a ported intake manifold and TB, that is good for 25-30HP as well.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I went on a cruise this weekend with two 2014 GT500s. Both stock. And one 07 with pulley, tune and exhaust. He said 535wheel in a vert. I'm in a termi (btw I feel like if you own one you can call it that now :) ) and at 455/461 and the gt500s walked me quick. The old girl did jump him a half car in 3rd on the 60 hit but when I hit 4th he was long gone. I expected that. Same roll with the 07 and I could hold him through 3rd. Hit 4th and he would slowly start to creep by me. I let off at 120 and he was probably a car ahead is all. VMP is waiting to go on and two new runs coming :) All in good fun (amongst friends done in Mexico)

Users who are viewing this thread