140mph in 4th??

Boostin03

I live the Viking Song
Established Member
I was on I-287 last night with my girlfriend going to get some sushi...as a 96-98 Integra GS-R flies by me...i don't take that from ricer boys so i told my girl to hang on...downshifted into 4th..stomped it to catch up...i was riding his ass at 90ish becasue there was a little bit of traffic on the right so when i got the chance i pulled to the right and then floored it again...ok..here comes my question..i redlined 4th and as i was shifting into fifth i noticed my speedo read 140mph...is that right for that gear or is my tach off??? I didn't hit the rev limiter either so i was just wondering what you guys are at in 4th redlined...THANX Ralf:beer:

03outlaw

Established Member
trying to recall

I want to say thats right. I was all over this new ss he still had his timp tag and i had no where to pass and when my dad said okay son thats enough I quickly cought the speedo and it was coming back up to 150. I am all most sure I was in 5th it all happend so fast. The guy was also looking in rear view mirror my dad said like WTF and the dip shit droped his rear tire of the road like twice and through gravel on the 3 not COOL not COOL. I suppose that would account for some of the sand pits in the hood at 2,500 miles and I have had it over a yr:bash: :burn:

Well we lined them up from a stop and he got what he deserved for that one:lol:

SNKBITE

Established Member
I would say that everything sounds about right. I shift into fourth at about 1100 foot at the track, and trap at 122 mph, so I would think your speedo was right.
I can tell you that my factory tach, was slow in responding as much as 700 rpm verses my raptor light. I have never hit my shift point which is 6200 in 5th so I can not answer the second part of your question.

Last edited:

Boostin03

I live the Viking Song
Established Member
Sweet...i was just wondering cause i didnt hit the rev-limiter so i kept going hard...i glance at the tach every second er so but when yer in the moment it's kinda hard..

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
It's an INTEGRA GSR. You had nothing to prove.

Be a better man next time and don't race a ricer on the public highway.

Originally posted by Boostin03
I was on I-287 last night with my girlfriend going to get some sushi...as a 96-98 Integra GS-R flies by me...i don't take that from ricer boys so i told my girl to hang on...downshifted into 4th..stomped it to catch up...i was riding his ass at 90ish becasue there was a little bit of traffic on the right so when i got the chance i pulled to the right and then floored it again...ok..here comes my question..i redlined 4th and as i was shifting into fifth i noticed my speedo read 140mph...is that right for that gear or is my tach off??? I didn't hit the rev limiter either so i was just wondering what you guys are at in 4th redlined...THANX Ralf:beer:

03outlaw

Established Member
come on

every once in awhile you have to slap them back down to earth. I mean for real most of these guys do not realize how slow there cars are. ;-)

Boostin03

I live the Viking Song
Established Member
EXACTLY..thank you...i mean he drove by me looking at me like he owned the road..so i SLAPPED the hell out of him...haha

Justin

Established Member
i have to agree.. Every once in a while they need to be kicked down. I hear people all the time with integra's and civics saying they have beat mustangs before and they can beat a cobra. They just have no clue that they are driving a little slower than we do in reverse.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I was worried. I was going to say..You only got to 140 in 4th. Then I looked up and saw that I was in the Terminator forum.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Back in the day, I had a VW Scirrocco. Man, I thought that was a super fast car. I would take on anybody. Then in 1986, I bought a new GT. That car gave me a new meaning to the word "Fast".

Ricers are like that. They think they have the fastest car around. All they need to do is take a ride in a Cobra. I used to dust off many ricers in my 98, and it was mostly stock. As fast as I thought that 98 Cobra was, after my first ride in an 03, I had a woody for a week. So as the sig down below says, "There is no reality..."

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

don't want to be bashing anyone here, but some people have a point about street racing. Granted I probably would depending on the car, area and conditions.

however, to be going that fast with your g-friend in the car whether she likes it or not, is pure stupidity. grow up. If anything, do it by yourself, don't putting someone elses life on the line.

i wonder what your parents and hers would have thought if you did wreck and she died but you lived.

akaeric

Established Member
Don't take this wrong I am a mustang Cobra other than the mach the GT stocked has nothing to show and some of these Jap. cars would take a stock gt. Don't underestamte some of these rice burners don't forget the 300hp WXR out run a stocked cobra on the track it was in the Mustange Mag. It was the gearing it had better gears. My old 300zx twin turbo I had put alot of money into would of taking or at least be door to door with my cobra when it was stock. That dam little Dodge pocket rocket I think it called the Colt 0 to 60 in 3.5 secounds. Know I haven't had one yet that could come close to my bumper. I agree with all of you but don't think we are superman you pride might get hurt one day. For the speed and tach stuff Its better not run the rpms up to the rpm limiter it slows you down I find its better to shift in the mid 6000rpms and shift to the higher gear and the car is back in the power band. You hold it to 7000to 75000 your dropping out of the power band and and your HP and tork is dropping down the chart. Thats what I found out I was running a car that was equal and I the longer I held the gears the other car started pulling up on me but the sooner I shifted the higher gear the faster I pulled him so in 4th I shifted about 6500 and hit 5th man it was good by so holding the gear as long as I started loosing power. The sooner I shifted to the higher gear the more power I had. Every car has a power band and a top end drop in power.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Racing on a public highway is .... let me think .... ah dumb. Pretty simple word but that is what comes to mind when I think about it. If there was no other people on the road then I guess it would be different but most public highways are always busy pluse the guy flew passed you. I would assume if they want to race you that they would pull up beside you to get your attention and not fly past you. He was probably hoping to get by you without you even noticing him. If you wanna race do it at a race track because other people on the road did not choose to be a part of your race and you need to respect that. Tell him to meet you at a track then you can open a can and show him!!!:rockon: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I figure that if you're driving down the road minding your own business, and someone FLIES past you .. I don't care what look he gave me, what car he drives, etc ... let him continue to FLY past everyone else until he gets a ticket, or wrecks.

Having to say "OOOO I'LL SHOW HIM!!!" makes you an idiot, so you see one guy driving like a MANIAC and you join right in. You should have both been arrested for wreckless driving and endangerment :burn:

Last edited:

johng218

Established Member
Originally posted by akaeric
Don't take this wrong I am a mustang Cobra other than the mach the GT stocked has nothing to show and some of these Jap. cars would take a stock gt. Don't underestamte some of these rice burners don't forget the 300hp WXR out run a stocked cobra on the track it was in the Mustange Mag. It was the gearing it had better gears. My old 300zx twin turbo I had put alot of money into would of taking or at least be door to door with my cobra when it was stock. That dam little Dodge pocket rocket I think it called the Colt 0 to 60 in 3.5 secounds. Know I haven't had one yet that could come close to my bumper. I agree with all of you but don't think we are superman you pride might get hurt one day. For the speed and tach stuff Its better not run the rpms up to the rpm limiter it slows you down I find its better to shift in the mid 6000rpms and shift to the higher gear and the car is back in the power band. You hold it to 7000to 75000 your dropping out of the power band and and your HP and tork is dropping down the chart. Thats what I found out I was running a car that was equal and I the longer I held the gears the other car started pulling up on me but the sooner I shifted the higher gear the faster I pulled him so in 4th I shifted about 6500 and hit 5th man it was good by so holding the gear as long as I started loosing power. The sooner I shifted to the higher gear the more power I had. Every car has a power band and a top end drop in power.

"I don't know what the F**K you just said, Little Kid, but you're special man, you reached out, and you touch a brother's heart."

John G.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by akaeric

Could you repeat that...:smmon:

Users who are viewing this thread