14mm Bolt p/n help

Steve2050

Established Member
I'm sick of the clunking in the rear so I am trying to locate the correct 14mm bolts for the IRS sub frame. I called the Ford dealer and gave them a p/n I found on the net but the dealer said it does not check out. Anyone got the right p/n for the proper bolt & nut?
Thanks in advance

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Part #: M14-109Bolt
Manufacturer: Ford

MM carries it

Store :: Mustang Rear Suspension :: Cobra IRS-Specific Parts :: Subframe Bushings :: IRS Subframe Front Mounting Bolt, 1999-04

Steve2050

Established Member
Yea that is for sure. Actually, my wife pointed it out to me that the car sure clunks a lot when I shift. I knew that but for her to notice means it has to get fixed. There are pages and pages of threads referring to the clunky drivetrain on SVTP but no definitive cure. I guess the bolt is a good a start as any.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Yea that is for sure. Actually, my wife pointed it out to me that the car sure clunks a lot when I shift. I knew that but for her to notice means it has to get fixed. There are pages and pages of threads referring to the clunky drivetrain on SVTP but no definitive cure. I guess the bolt is a good a start as any.

Bolt will help for sure but it's a pain to get in there :bash:

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
just sold a set of 14mm bolts/nuts, thanks Steve2050. Still have a few more sets left if anyone needs them--$10, buyer pays actual shipping.

crunkstang1214

Established Member
I used the 9/16 bolt and the clunk is way way better, but not fixed. my 12mm bolts were all eat up because the irs was rocking back and forth.
+1 for a pain to put in.

Last edited:

Steve2050

Established Member
Thanks to everyone that helped out with info(SVTP rocks). I did order a set from WS6JJP(John) and will report back as to whether or not the bolts alleviate some clunk.

Users who are viewing this thread