14mm Hex socket where to find local?

TenthScale

Established Member
So I need to get this crankshaft pulley off to see what I broke and I need a 14mm Hex socket and like 40ft breaker bar.

I WENT EVERYWHERE the largest I can find is a 10mm..

If anyone knows of another store to try I would appreciate it.. I hope I don't have to order online.

OR if anyone in the bay area has one I will hook you up with something if I can borrow it.

I tried. 2 Sears, Kragen, Austozone, PepBoys, and OSH. Even stoped at ford dealer.

jeffsvt

Established Member
This is a tough tool to find ! I got mine off a tool truck ( Mac ) they usually have odd items . You could also contact Metco and they could sell you one if I'm not mistaken .

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
yeah, that hex socket can be tough to get because you need a high quality one, which often rules out neighborhood sources like auto parts stores, etc

a standard breaker bar with a piece of strong pipe will work fine...use enough length to keep breaker handle fully covered (while providing sufficient extension)

I like to use a floor jack to push up on the pipe/breaker...works well and is safer by keeping you out of the way if something breaks or slips

Last edited:

TenthScale

Established Member
JB said:
yeah, that hex socket can be tough to get because you need a high quality one, which often rules out neighborhood sources like auto parts stores, etc

a standard breaker bar with a piece of strong pipe will work fine...use enough length to keep breaker handle fully covered (while providing sufficient extension)

I like to use a floor jack to push up on the pipe/breaker...works well and is safer by keeping you out of the way if something breaks or slips

Thats what I was thinking..

I am going try and hit up a few of the repair shops around here early tomorrow and see if their Snap-on or Mac dealer comes by on Sat.

Users who are viewing this thread