15" rims on the rear....parts needed?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I see some of the shops putting 15's on the rear. Can you guys give us a list of what we need to get this done minus the obvious 15" rim. I was on tousley's site and I thought I read somewhere we just need 12 brackets and rotors.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
from my understanding you can put the older molder brakes and rotors...hell you can put GT rear brakes on there and clear with no issue.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I see some of the shops putting 15's on the rear. Can you guys give us a list of what we need to get this done minus the obvious 15" rim. I was on tousley's site and I thought I read somewhere we just need 12 brackets and rotors.

Didnt the 17" welds clear??

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
The 17's will fit but you will get a better tire underneath with the 15's. Most of the braking is done with the front rotors/calipers anyway so why not swap.

blacknlte

Established Member
Rear brakes off of any 05-12 mustang. If you can find just the brackets at a junk yard and just buy a new set of rotors your good to go. Only other thing is you might have to check clearance if you have the track pack set up that has the reservoir on the rear strut.

peteypab2133

Established Member
So that's an easy fix. What tire and wheel combo would you run? And with some FRPP springs or steeda springs..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread