'15 vs '15 video

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
couple of 2015s duking it out in mexico. White car is a PP car intake/tune/inj/E85 and catback vs Stock tune catback only PP car. The white car is on a base E85 tune (that has been logged and checked) and awaiting revisions (this will be redone once the revision comes in). We did this as just a comparison for shits and grins. the tuner is not going to be disclosed so please dont ask and enjoy the runs.

[youtube_browser]PmCFpnONaUA[/youtube_browser]

Rct851

Established Member
I'd guess injectors $300, handheld tunder $400, tune $250, intake $300... Like to see this after the tube is straightened out. All things considered that's not a ton of money but the car barely pulled any harder

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Injectors were carry over from his old car but yes this will be repeated once we get his tune completely ironed out. We were curious to see the difference as they sat. This tune is on pretty conservative timing as it sits as well.

RSKtakR

Established Member
What injectors? I have heard (and been told by a tuner that offers E85 tunes for the 2015's) that the injectors don't need to be swapped out? Is it the same swap as on the 11-14's going from the stockers to 47's? I ran E85 with both stock and 47lb injectors on my 2011 GT with tunes and had no problems.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
FRPP 47s is what he is running. I'm really waiting to see how these tunes for the 15s pan out. Seems like the PP cars are the ones having issues.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Hanging RPMs is the main one I have read about so far. Seems like the base models that don't have all the drive modes are the ones that don't have that issue. That an these seem to be more difficult to tune overall.

RSKtakR

Established Member
Ya I agree.. I have that hanging RPM problem with my PP car too but I have a base PP car that doesn't have the driving modes.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Ya I agree.. I have that hanging RPM problem with my PP car too but I have a base PP car that doesn't have the driving modes.

Really, that's good to know. Although not what I wanted to hear. The white car is mine, and I'm going apeshit working with my tuner on these modes. And Lund has sorted through most all issues, except for like 3 instances of the rpm issue. Mine seemed to line out, but now I'm back to very sporadic scenarios.

I know it has to do with the bagillion layers of torque management that have to be lifted. I was under the impression Lund was further along in diagnosing this. But, most shops don't have PP cars with the driving modes, in Lunds case its only an ecoboost. So they can't do anything until its happening in a car they're sitting in. Feels like chasing a ghost.

The RPM issue is also why my tune is on lesser timing, although I'll have full timing this week. As all other factors of the tune are safe.

And a note on the E85. It's not going to make much difference on a bolt on N/A car. My end goal is boosted corn. I have an exact 87% ethanol station .5 miles from my house, and I already had the injectors, so its was a duh for me. If your goals are sub 450 bolts on, pump gas is your huckleberry.

All in all, as I've said before.. Just working out the new car issues. Some of the keyboard jockeys need to appreciate the ones that are spending the time and money to work out the problems so they don't have to.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Really, that's good to know. Although not what I wanted to hear. The white car is mine, and I'm going apeshit working with my tuner on these modes. And Lund has sorted through most all issues, except for like 3 instances of the rpm issue. Mine seemed to line out, but now I'm back to very sporadic scenarios.

I know it has to do with the bagillion layers of torque management that have to be lifted. I was under the impression Lund was further along in diagnosing this. But, most shops don't have PP cars with the driving modes, in Lunds case its only an ecoboost. So they can't do anything until its happening in a car they're sitting in. Feels like chasing a ghost.

The RPM issue is also why my tune is on lesser timing, although I'll have full timing this week. As all other factors of the tune are safe.

And a note on the E85. It's not going to make much difference on a bolt on N/A car. My end goal is boosted corn. I have an exact 87% ethanol station .5 miles from my house, and I already had the injectors, so its was a duh for me. If your goals are sub 450 bolts on, pump gas is your huckleberry.

All in all, as I've said before.. Just working out the new car issues. Some of the keyboard jockeys need to appreciate the ones that are spending the time and money to work out the problems so they don't have to.

Absolutely!

RSKtakR

Established Member

Interesting that you say Lund is still having that hanging idle in his tunes (as I have read on here as well with other members running his tunes) but that he has a EB car, there are videos all over youtube with him owning a S550 GT with the lope tune that he is still working on. ALSO about what you said about the EB... my tuner was messing around with the EB cars too before the GT's and I THINK my tunes have kinda been based of the EB as well?? I wonder if THAT could be what our hanging rpm problem is based on?? I noticed a decent gain just swapping to E85 on my 2011 GT. I plan on doing the same you are eventually (FI), but for now I plan on picking up a set of LT's with o/r h-pipe and then putting the corn through it until I get the blower to run with the corn.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Interesting that you say Lund is still having that hanging idle in his tunes (as I have read on here as well with other members running his tunes) but that he has a EB car, there are videos all over youtube with him owning a S550 GT with the lope tune that he is still working on. ALSO about what you said about the EB... my tuner was messing around with the EB cars too before the GT's and I THINK my tunes have kinda been based of the EB as well?? I wonder if THAT could be what our hanging rpm problem is based on?? I noticed a decent gain just swapping to E85 on my 2011 GT. I plan on doing the same you are eventually (FI), but for now I plan on picking up a set of LT's with o/r h-pipe and then putting the corn through it until I get the blower to run with the corn.

To clarify - he's only having issues with 2-3 PP driving mode cars, all others I think are doing really well. And, I can only speak on the very limited info I know from that shop. Their main car was a EB, altough between Ken and PBR they probably have others. I am not a source to quote whats going on with Lund, I just know they've been hustling as hard as anyone has to get these '15's properly tuned!! And their info is definitely to be trusted as much or more than anyone elses.

I just ordered the MAK cat delete, I expect most of my gains to come from that as it did with my '12. That car had a noticeable difference from pump to E with full bolt ons. IMO there are less "tuning gains" to be had from the new car vs 11-14, and that's just based on FORD R&D time with this motor now. But, most difference is the removal of TQ mgmt which is much more severe in the '15 vs 11-14. My car blows the tires off in 2nd now, even rolling into it. On stock tune, I could barely break them loose. That's a TQ mgmt factor there. My seat of the pants feel is dramatic in lower gears vs stock tune.

RSKtakR

Established Member
To clarify - he's only having issues with 2-3 PP driving mode cars, all others I think are doing really well. And, I can only speak on the very limited info I know from that shop. Their main car was a EB, altough between Ken and PBR they probably have others. I am not a source to quote whats going on with Lund, I just know they've been hustling as hard as anyone has to get these '15's properly tuned!! And their info is definitely to be trusted as much or more than anyone elses.

I just ordered the MAK cat delete, I expect most of my gains to come from that as it did with my '12. That car had a noticeable difference from pump to E with full bolt ons. IMO there are less "tuning gains" to be had from the new car vs 11-14, and that's just based on FORD R&D time with this motor now. But, most difference is the removal of TQ mgmt which is much more severe in the '15 vs 11-14. My car blows the tires off in 2nd now, even rolling into it. On stock tune, I could barely break them loose. That's a TQ mgmt factor there. My seat of the pants feel is dramatic in lower gears vs stock tune.

I have a K&N drop in and the Airaid CAI pipe along with my MBRP race cat back, and 91 tune, and mine blows the tires at the top of first and into second and the top of 2nd (if I remember correctly, I haven't driven it in a couple days) when I have advancetrac turned off 100%, traction is better in sport mode of course but the power gets limited from the slippage as we all know. Regardless I do feel the difference vs stock but that damn torque mngmt drives me crazy too. I am also getting 10" wide PP look alike rears and putting a set of DR's on so all that blowing the tires off will be gone soon.

Dcrypter

Established Member
I have a K&N drop in and the Airaid CAI pipe along with my MBRP race cat back, and 91 tune, and mine blows the tires at the top of first and into second and the top of 2nd (if I remember correctly, I haven't driven it in a couple days) when I have advancetrac turned off 100%, traction is better in sport mode of course but the power gets limited from the slippage as we all know. Regardless I do feel the difference vs stock but that damn torque mngmt drives me crazy too. I am also getting 10" wide PP look alike rears and putting a set of DR's on so all that blowing the tires off will be gone soon.

Have the found the wheels yet? I've been looking for some 10" myself but haven't found anything I felt was close to the same look.

Dcrypter

Established Member
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/s.nl/sc....e.SS/SS.875920/.f?range=31,40,40#.VTVyc010y73

Exact same look, but not available in gloss black, only in matte and satin black, but that's nothing that a gloss clear coat cant fix.

"Fits: Mustangs® 2005 - 2014. Fitment guaranteed for stock equipped vehicles only.Will NOT fit 2015 Mustang. Does NOT fit vehicles equipped with upgraded or performance brakes such as Brembo, or specialty models with larger brake calipers including Cobra, Boss, GT500, Shelby etc."

:(

RSKtakR

Established Member
We don't have Brembos in the rear to clear.. they don't "guarantee fitment" on a 2015 is why I haven't bought a set yet. I know of another member that did buy a set and had DR's mounted, also bought a set of 1/4" spacers just in case and he is having them put on the car this week. If they fit (which they should) I will be buying a set as well.

Dcrypter

Established Member
We don't have Brembos in the rear to clear.. they don't "guarantee fitment" on a 2015 is why I haven't bought a set yet. I know of another member that did buy a set and had DR's mounted, also bought a set of 1/4" spacers just in case and he is having them put on the car this week. If they fit (which they should) I will be buying a set as well.

Interesting, could you keep me posted on how that goes? These pirelli's are going to be gone soon so i'll be looking for some more(better) grip soon.

Users who are viewing this thread