1500hp Camaro Maiden Voyage today!

DRIVN Ind.

Clothing Hustler
Established Member
Went and took her maiden voyage outside of the parking lot today! Heres a few pics before the details (note, it is still on the smaller 325/28 inch tires, it will be sitting on 315/30's when its ready to roll, annnddddd please ignore the fact that the car hasnt been washed in a year):

domscar1004.jpg

domscar1003.jpg

domscar1001.jpg

domscar1002.jpg

domscar1005.jpg

Now some details. I mentioned before that the car has no issue spooling, and Ill be damned if it doesnt roll out on the street. I kept it in second gear and started to roll into it at about 3,000, and romped it at 5,000. The car squats, shits, and gets. Not as much as a tire chirp. I shifted into third at about 7,500, and the car took off like a freight train with really 0 lag, even with my womanly grandma shift. Mike (the guy who physically put the car together) was just as impressed as I was. He also pointed out after we got on it that the car bleeds a surprisingly small amount of boost between shifts (and I was granny shifting pretty lazily). Ive ridden in alot of high horsepower cars (most notably a friends 1340whp clown shoe viper), and I can honestly say this is the only car that puckered my ass a bit. Not because it felt "dangerous" or "out of control", but because the amount of thrust was a bit ridiculous. It was almost shockingly easy to drive. The very slight lag in the turbo loads the suspension enough to where it is literally point and go. No trying to go sideways, no rolling burnouts, nothing. Shit and get.

Another cool thing was that Ryan (shop owner and tuner) hasnt attempted much of a driveability aspect of the tune yet, and the car can drive around town and idle at every stop like a stock car at 800-1,000 rpm's. It still bucks a bit off idle when you get going, but through the gears and driving it drives like a stock camaro with a cam in it until you reach boost. We got some video of it on the shop camera but we couldnt find the cord this afternoon to put it online.

The car will go through its final touches this week and prep for a track visit maybe this coming weekend or the next. I want to at least get to the track once and spend a day before texas. I dont plan to do anything revolutionary as far as times its first few times out, but Id like to get a hang of it so I can at least run it and look respectable for the nationals. As far as the highway, the fact that the car is just so EASY to drive from a roll on had me grinning from ear to ear. From a 50 kick the car is a monster. I cant imagine it with a hit of gas.

More updates to come this week.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Great descriptive story I almost feel as if I was there in the car with you. Congratulations on the "taming" of the monster. Go find the camera wire NOW!

DRIVN Ind.

Clothing Hustler
Established Member
Why the heck isn't there a video in this thread?!

Because I fail. The shop just got all new computers and somehow the firewire was a casualty of the newness. If I had my personal camera it would have been different, but I didnt :nonono:

Specs: 408 cube, 98mm turbo, mintubbed, full suspension, built to the hilt T56, 25psi.

It gets its final tune this week, Ill have some video hopefully this coming weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread