#154 passed emissions test

griffined

SVT driver
I took the "R" to get the initial smog check done here in California. They had to remove the coil pack cover to attach the RPM sensor, it wouldn't pickup though the metal. This was a visual and sniffer test, but not one of those drive it on rollers tests.
Idle 2500 RPM
HC ppm 0 0
CO % 0.01 0.01
CO2 % 11.5 11.4
O2 % 4.6 4.7

I noticed that only the driver's side valve cover said "32 Valve V8". Is everyone's other valve cover plain like mine?

Ed

P47HY170

Established Member
Ed,

Yes the right side cover is blank.

I had my R tested recently in NY and the results were great.

HC - limit was 220 my car 6
CO - limit 1.2 my car 0

Have you done a exhaust modifications? I am planning on the ne Bassani X pipe with 2 cats and new cat back in the next year.

Joe

2000 Cobra R #170

griffined

SVT driver
No mods yet. The X-pipe with CATS lacks a CARB EO number, so it's not allowed here in Kalifonia. I'll probably go with the catback unless it makes the car louder than the noise limit for Laguna Seca(which is the most restrictive track around).

cobra191

Established Member
griffined,
was your R originally sold in CA and does it have the CA certification decal? I live in So Cal and am interested in buying an R, but am under the impression they can't be registered if they're brought from out of state. According to the DMV a car from out of state is considered new if it has less than 3500 miles and must be CA certified in order to be registered. Did you have this problem ? How did you get around it ?

steve

griffined

SVT driver
The gas guzzler tax does NOT satisfly the Kaliban!

#154 was originally sold in Texas, and CA emissions was NOT on the original window sticker. There is a sticker under the leading edge of the hood that says it meets both Federal and CA emissions for 2000. I think all of the 2000 R's have this.

The DMV rule for CA is 7500 miles at time of purchase, but in practicle terms it's when you have it registered in the state. I had 6400 on mine when I flew to TX to buy it, and was over 8000 by the time I drove it back. Given the sticker under the hood, I could have shipped it, but I wanted to stop by Vegas for SEMA anyway.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread