15GT going sink 12/13 boss values?

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
2 year production cars...have a relative resale attractive market. IE: Mach 1, 03/04 MY,
Cobra 03/04 MY. These are kind of a " cult " car, narrow market but always have had a following and still will. The Boss I believe will receive the same recognition as it ages
and moves away from " New " offerings...that some people jump at. Just my opinion,
I sell them all...lol

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I certainly don't feel screwed. I would actually be kind of pissed if Ford couldn't make an all new car with a better suspension and close to the same HP perform better than the Boss. I feel fine with what I paid for my car because I wanted this car. Technology marches on.

RTD

Established Member
the market has guys still asking full retail and more for their bosses with 8 to 15k miles on them.

Wut? I bought my Boss brand new and paid MSRP for it. If I was willing to shop around and wait a little more, I could have gotten it for $1k-$2k under MSRP like quite a few people did. Anyone who is paying original MSRP or god forbid a markup on that NOW for a 1-2 year old used car with 8-15k miles on it is a full on rahtard.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
He boss was the best ford could do at the time.

And it was worth it to all buyers.

Now there is ann all new car.

It would be ridiculous for ford to purposely leave performance on the table just because buyers of the previous car want to have their car stay the best.

It's progress. It's a good thing.

If the new gt outperforms the boss, just imagine what the next boos/gt500 equivalents will do.

That's something to get excited about.

This. I for the longest time wanted to get a cheap DD and turn my GT into a weekend only or nice day car. Then I realized, it's a car and it's not gonna be worth much later on down the road even if it's "mint". Anyone that buys a car as an investment is a little off IMO. There are far better ways to lose money than buying cars as investments! I have a 2012 F150 (wife's truck) that I could DD if I really wanted as well but I choose the stang about 98% of the time.

I can't wait to see what the new mustangs are capable of!

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
This. I for the longest time wanted to get a cheap DD and turn my GT into a weekend only or nice day car. Then I realized, it's a car and it's not gonna be worth much later on down the road even if it's "mint". Anyone that buys a car as an investment is a little off IMO. There are far better ways to lose money than buying cars as investments! I have a 2012 F150 (wife's truck) that I could DD if I really wanted as well but I choose the stang about 98% of the time.

I can't wait to see what the new mustangs are capable of!

+1
On top of that, the Boss isnt even the top performing Mustang available at the time it was offered. The Boss will hold it's value relatively similar to how the 03-04 Mach1 has held up.

Im not bagging on the Boss, I almost bought one and wish I could own one. But that's just my opinion. I'll keep my screen name and come back in 25 years and revive this thread to see what happened.

RTD

Established Member
This. I for the longest time wanted to get a cheap DD and turn my GT into a weekend only or nice day car. Then I realized, it's a car and it's not gonna be worth much later on down the road even if it's "mint".

Exactly.

This whole "I want to keep it nice and only drive it on weekends to maintain resale value" is like saying I don't want to f**k my girlfriend too much so she can remain in good condition for the next guy after we break up. Makes no sense really.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
I'm sorry but older generations are ALWAYS going to be obsolete and depreciated.

tell that to the 03/04 cobra guys. Those cars havnt lost much in value. Main reason i have a 2011 is because I was shopping for a terminator but saw prices didnt really drop. I opted for a brand new car. For a 10+ year old Ford its very impressive. Sure youll find your 140,000 mile cars going for cheap but there is still a premium to be paid overall for that rattle infested platform (all my previous mustangs have been sn95/sn99's...)

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
tell that to the 03/04 cobra guys. Those cars havnt lost much in value. Main reason i have a 2011 is because I was shopping for a terminator but saw prices didnt really drop. I opted for a brand new car. For a 10+ year old Ford its very impressive. Sure youll find your 140,000 mile cars going for cheap but there is still a premium to be paid overall for that rattle infested platform (all my previous mustangs have been sn95/sn99's...)

My 03 mach has been rattle free for 80k miles......

peteypab2133

Established Member
Doubtful.

And in any event, cars are made to be driven, they're not "investments" despite what watching too much Barrett Jackson has deluded some people into believing.

How many people bought GT500s in 2007, paid ridiculous markups over MSRP, and stored them in garages thinking they were going to increase in value or something. You can see them on cars.com asking ridiculous prices, and them still sitting unsold in their garages. If they'd have driven them instead they'd be a lot happier. Same with the Z06, ZR1, and all the other limited edition cars out there.

So don't worry about what a new model is going to do to the "value" of your car. A car is a depreciating asset not an investment. Drive it. Enjoy it.

Twll that to the owners of the Ford GT. Those are "appreciating" daily!!! Those are a decent investment..

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
To throw another wrench in things.

how about if a 2015 mach 1 comes out??? what will that do to 03/04 mach values? or 2015/16 cobra do to 03/04 cobras?

kingnut

Established Member
To throw another wrench in things.

how about if a 2015 mach 1 comes out??? what will that do to 03/04 mach values? or 2015/16 cobra do to 03/04 cobras?

Your analogy doesnt work. Those cars are over 10 years old and there isnt any comparison. Terminators are always going to have a higher value because people are willing to pay for them.

93oh

Established Member
The quick answer is yes, the car will devaluate. Every car pretty much does and the 2015 will be a better platform and improved car... So that is a given. Also, who cares? Invest in the Dow, commodities or real estate...Cars are fun not real wonderful investments unless you're Craig Jackson.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Your analogy doesnt work. Those cars are over 10 years old and there isnt any comparison. Terminators are always going to have a higher value because people are willing to pay for them.

I know I was saying will another mach or another cobra impact current values on older mach and older cobras? I know they are always going down but will another installment of them hurt or help values on older ones? Make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread