16 GT350...Cobra...whatever testing at The Ring

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
repost. The other thread should be moved to this section though. It is in the 2015+ S550 sub forum.

Clemson

Established Member
Rice-a-roni front end, good grief.

"As we have reported since last summer, this new SVT Mustang is all motor—there's no supercharger.

It's derived from the 5.0-liter Coyote V8, with slightly higher displacement and a flat-plane crank. Expect a high-revving engine that pumps out 500+ hp. The massive HP battle has officially been ceded to Dodge and it's crazy 707-hp Hellcat V8. Ford proved its point already with the outgoing GT500 and is moving in a different direction entirely.

The Shelby GT350 is being positioned as a track star which, in the end, should be able to hold its own at the dragstrip as well. "

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Video

[video=youtube;xT-NTGo4dU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT-NTGo4dU4[/video]

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I like the look, but it sounds terrible.

It appears to be getting chased aroung the ring by a CTS-V prototype haha.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I like the look, but it sounds terrible.

It appears to be getting chased aroung the ring by a CTS-V prototype haha.

It looks (to me) like it entered the track there and didn't sound like the driver was on the gas until after the cts-v was behind him in both videos.

It also appears it got passed by the Aston! Bahaha

What's wrong with getting passed by an Aston?

bpmurr

Established Member

repost. The other thread should be moved to this section though. It is in the 2015+ S550 sub forum.

You can't ding me for a repost when the other thread is in the wrong section. I don't have all day to scan every section of SVTPerformance. There was nothing about it in the proper section so I posted. :)

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Longer video

[video=youtube;rDCNfwrMW_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDCNfwrMW_U[/video]

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That was clearly different than the other car floating around. Maybe it's the difference between the normal and R model.

CS SVT

Established Member
GM has Camaro Z28 and ZL1, maybe Ford will bring us GT350 for track and GT500 for strip? I would like to see both.

Deranged2013

Established Member
GM has Camaro Z28 and ZL1, maybe Ford will bring us GT350 for track and GT500 for strip? I would like to see both.

The GT350 is being released to be the next track car after the BOSS. I'm pretty sure there are plans to release the GT500 and maybe even a mach1 also late 2016 or early 2017.

And lmao at some other post in similar threads. The supercharger is not done. Not sure what the displacement will be for the next GT500 but we will see a better more powerful engine than the current 5.8

Users who are viewing this thread