163,000 5.0 vs 03 cobra

no slow 88

Established Member
This race happened alittle while ago. Some friends and I went to the local spot, and saw a red 03 Cobra with what looked like a exhaust an BFG drag radials. So after talking to the guy we figured that we would run for some gas money. We went to a empty intersection were I started a little burnout. ( I was on slicks) So, we get up to the light and go off of third honk. I abused him off the line by two to three car links. then, I started to hear the super charger pulling up top by the top of second, he was a car back. At around 5200 in third he blew by me. Then, when we pulled into the parking lot it was undecided who had won through the quarter. I later found out he was spraying a 100 shot of gas. Not to bad for a bolt on 163 mile 5.0...........

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
nice run even if the slicks helped ya a bit. id be pumped though to run that close to an 03 slicks or no slicks. good job:beer:

no slow 88

Established Member
I just wanted to see how my car stacked up to one.
my motor has a stock bottom end with eldabrock intake, ford motorsports cam, mass air meter, trhottle body. headers. It is a bottle baby! The trans is a C-4 with 3000 stall, 3.55 gears. The car weighed 2850 without me in it. I never ran it in the 1/4.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I'm always amazed how long these 5.0 engines will last and still make mad power.

Keep them from detonating and overheating and they will go the distance.

My my pullied '03 Cobra is definitely slower than my 5.0. Besides my 5.0 has a raw, nasty feel to it. The new Cobra is a little too smooth and refined. Just my thoughts.

no slow 88

Established Member
That night I was spraying 150. It is a dry kit! I really would like to switch to a plate system with 2 stage.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I hope to god my motor holds up like that.. I don't see me getting another one of these cars for a very long time! Good run...

no slow 88

Established Member
03yllwguy your car looks good . Wish I could get one, but I'm happy with my current SLEEPER!!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Thanks.... A sleeper it definately is not, I have to wear sunglasses in the morning just to look at it.... lol

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
those 5.0s definately hold up. my friends stock 95 convertible runs 2.3 60' yet still runs 14.6 quarters. i looked at the website and thats what they predict for a brand new 95 hardtop. if he could get his 60' down imagine it. oh and his car has 150000+ miles on it

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Nice job. I can't wait to get my afrs and all the other stuff bolted on mine. I should be runnin' low 12s :rockon: .

Users who are viewing this thread