16x10 Rim (AR baja ect.) users in here

LSUstang05

Established Member
If you are getting track only tires, get some slicks or something similar like the Hoosier QTP's. I'm assuming you are getting track only tires due to them being on AR Baja's.

DolSVT00

Established Member
From what I have heard of those they hook up great but wear faster then the Nitto 555Rs

These are for the strip, not DD like the 555R's or the 18" MT 305. And I don't think anything wears down faster than my Hoosier 28x10's

Im just wonderin if anyone has used these instead of a Hoosier QTP or a MT ET street slick.... Their 28x11.5

DolSVT00

Established Member
If you are getting track only tires, get some slicks or something similar like the Hoosier QTP's. I'm assuming you are getting track only tires due to them being on AR Baja's.
Had QTP's And ET streets, Now Hoosier Slicks.... I'm just lookin for something else......... These seem to work for the Bogart guys

todd abbott

Established Member
Without sounding like a dick " what do you want?" on the street 555R or 18" ET Streets at the track QTP's or straight slicks, autocross slicks or soft streets unless I'm missing something that should cover ya.

DolSVT00

Established Member
Without sounding like a dick " what do you want?" on the street 555R or 18" ET Streets at the track QTP's or straight slicks, autocross slicks or soft streets unless I'm missing something that should cover ya.

Something that hooks like a slick for the street............ 18"555r's wolnt do it the 18" MT's wolnt do it..... I need more sidewall, therefore I run the 16" rim the Hoosier CO7 slicks, ETstreets,and QTP's hook fine in the street, but they get me tickets......... FYI the ET streets and the QTP's say "competition only not for street use" even though they have a DOT stamp that dont work for the cops around me.

DolSVT00

Established Member
Those tires hook great and can go on the stock rims if you pick up the 305/45/18. I have them on my truck now and there great!

I need more sidewall..... 500 rwhp plus a 125 shot on the street is too much for the 305/18's.

And no Bogarts 15's are not what im looking for, although my calipers are already ground for them I dont want to destroy a set by running them on the street.

Last edited:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
If you are trying to find a set of Baja 16 " rims. They are on a 8 week back order. I should know. I just tried to order a pair.

I went with a set of 16" Mickey Thompson's in stead. I'll be placing a set of Hoosier Quick Time Pro's on them. Which just showed up at the front door...:rockon::dancenana:

Not to mention that I will need them this year more than ever. Cause the Nitto Drag radials can't handle the Juice.

Last edited:

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I am glad I got my wheels last year. Wonder what is up with American Racing?

I love the look of those tires, but if your gonna get sticky tires you might as well get slicks.

Dusten

Established Member
I need more sidewall..... 500 rwhp plus a 125 shot on the street is too much for the 305/18's.

And no Bogarts 15's are not what im looking for, although my calipers are already ground for them I dont want to destroy a set by running them on the street.

Got a local guy running the 305/45 making 650ish and running 10.90's full weight, and is cutting low low 1.5x's

Users who are viewing this thread