170 degree thermostat

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I know how to do that on the SCT tuner. But I haven't the slightest idea on how to change the settings on the nGauge

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
What does changing the settings in the tune do actually?

Well when you have a 170 thermostat I person like to make my fans come on around 180 degrees, but you have to go in and change the settings in the tune.

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
Lund does it in the tune with the ngauge. He said my settings right now with the factory thermostat are 170 20%, 180 65% and 195 100%.

GT500wantabe

Established Member
Here's the stock fan setting table in HP Tuner. If you want it to work like factory with the 170* stat then back everything up 20*. I believe factory is about 190*???

Attachments

• fan settings.JPG
    fan settings.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 272

GT500wantabe

Established Member
Lund sent me the tune, all done.
You need two tunes with different settings if you drag race. One so the fan turns off at freeway speeds so the fan doesn't run constantly. And one for drag strip so the fan runs constantly, with engine running, so in the staging lanes it helps cool the heat exchanger and engine.

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
You need two tunes with different settings if you drag race. One so the fan turns off at freeway speeds so the fan doesn't run constantly. And one for drag strip so the fan runs constantly, with engine running, so in the staging lanes it helps cool the heat exchanger and engine.

I'll keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread