#179 on Ebay again. New Seller!

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1814460106

MVC-001S.JPG

Yep for those of you in Houston.. Mac Haik Ford!

Also #287 looks like no reserve. it is at 38,600.00

Just wanted to let you guys know what is out there..
I know someone was trying to purchase Carter's Old #179..

Might be a better chance at getting one cheaper with the one that appears to not have a reserve.

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I saw how #179 went from dealer to dealer....

The one with no reserve went for only 43,100.00

I had planned on bidding 44k for it, but miscalculated auction end time and missed it by 20 minutes :mj:

Andy M

Established Member
Why do dealers insist on putting those f@#*ing front license plate holders on these beautiful cars?!!! I twinge every time I see one with a front license plate! No offense, Don! ;-)

TcM-668

None taken Andy....heheheheh Just don't get all high and mighty just because you got a new truck !!! If you notice, there are millions of trucks around here...Of course, if you really wanted to impress us, you would have gotten a Suburban. heheheheh

I did not have a choice on mine, it was on there when I got it...you know, the law and all that...I have been afraid to take it off...You know like the tags on a matress or sofa ? Penalty of law for removing this tag .... Of course I have to get rid of that lame dealer license frame ... heheheheh

If I had a choice, it would not be on there...On my GT Conv, I velcro'd it to the front windshield. That way, it is posted for all to see, and I did not have to drill holes in my front fascia.

At least my Honda had the screw holes there from the factory, and had body colored plugs in the holes. That way, you don't have to hack the bumper cover just to hang the thing on there...

Just my rambling thoughts ... I seem to have more time to do that now ... hehehehe

Don...

BRIMSTONE

I called the TX dealership for the car above and they said they would do a swap for my Z06 (they also have a chevy dealership).

What do you guys think? A second R??? Or some variety??

Mike

TLush

Established Member
I would give my right kidney to have this car.
This is the coolest car, that and a original cobra.
One day I will have both.:beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
I called the TX dealership for the car above and they said they would do a swap for my Z06 (they also have a chevy dealership).

Mike

I think you know how I vote. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CobraRPrincess

Pit Crew Of NJ2000R
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R

I think you know how I vote. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:

hmmmm....after all, you did go out and buy a cheby truck

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE

Mike
Mike,

Of course, this is a loaded question and your individual mileage will vary!! But, here are my thoughts on this....

While I think it would be really cool to have two Rs...so you could mod the crap out of one of them and run it very hard at the track... and then keep the other one in stock form and don't run up the miles on it... I would personally rather have the variety in my life. I think the answer to this question depends heavily on what you use the Z06 for??? Do you track it, use it as a daily driver, drive it to work?... etc??? If you want/need at least one sports car to drive around on the street and be comfortable (with A/C in other words) then I think you keep the Z06. If on the other hand you are totally addicted to the track thing and have another daily driver car (your PT in other words) and you don't mind not having the V-8 grunt on a daily basis?) ... then I think you should go for it and get the second R.

Let us know what you decide????

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by CobraRPrincess
:

hmmmm....after all, you did go out and buy a cheby truck

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
hahahah that was good, to bad the chevy's have Alison trannies *cough Ford *cough :p :p

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by cobrar154
:read:
on the liscence plate idea...get 2 small bungee cords and put it on your passenger side visor, then you can flip it down when needed and hide it when you want.
will that work??

Users who are viewing this thread