18” LMR Cobra wheels?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
that would look good. I love my gunmetal series 2.

you gonna actually start driving it?
Yeah. I just need to fix the AC, I have new SS brake lines and fluid to swap out. Retiring the end of June and selling the 150 and the wives 04 Escape for a Maverick probably. Only need one vehicle now seeing we work together. She's going to work till the first of the year, maybe.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah. I just need to fix the AC, I have new SS brake lines and fluid to swap out. Retiring the end of June and selling the 150 and the wives 04 Escape for a Maverick probably. Only need one vehicle now seeing we work together. She's going to work till the first of the year, maybe.

I think I said it before but mine was leaking from the valve cores. You can get a kit from autozone for like $10 and the valve core tool - just make sure it fits the high side core as it's bigger than a fair number of the tools.

doing the brakes those one man bleeder bottles on amazon (one way check valve and a magnet to hold it in place) are well worth it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I think I said it before but mine was leaking from the valve cores. You can get a kit from autozone for like $10 and the valve core tool - just make sure it fits the high side core as it's bigger than a fair number of the tools.

doing the brakes those one man bleeder bottles on amazon (one way check valve and a magnet to hold it in place) are well worth it.
I have a Motive bleeder Jerry. I need to get a set of those stem tools. I'll look on Amazon. I have real AC gauges, but I can't get it to take a charge. I did add a small amount of stop leak quite a while back, not sure if that messed something up.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a Motive bleeder Jerry. I need to get a set of those stem tools. I'll look on Amazon. I have real AC gauges, but I can't get it to take a charge. I did add a small amount of stop leak quite a while back, not sure if that messed something up.

interesting.

a lot of the tools fit 13mm and 16mm cores, the high side is way bigger than that.

With the gauges off the car Id make sure you get freon from the fill line out the low side line just to make sure there isnt a problem there. Do you have an air compressor? If so grab one of those cheap venturi vacuum pumps from HF or amazon - that'll tell you if you have a leak still

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
interesting.

a lot of the tools fit 13mm and 16mm cores, the high side is way bigger than that.

With the gauges off the car Id make sure you get freon from the fill line out the low side line just to make sure there isnt a problem there. Do you have an air compressor? If so grab one of those cheap venturi vacuum pumps from HF or amazon - that'll tell you if you have a leak still
I do have a compressor. I'm going to grab that kit for the stems and go from there. I haven't messed with it in months. I know a real good AC guy if all else fails.

stangfreak

Established Member
I’m still on the fence about selling them. They are Gun metallic twisted classics. I might get a set of 18” satins just to change it up from time to time

5d11a6ee6491ad1794f0c665e6254146.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep them. I am getting the 18 inch replicas myself but keeping my good set as well. Im just going to swap them time to time for a different look.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Thinking about selling my CCWs and going back to a stock style wheel. Looking at the 18” Satin replicas on LMR. Are any of you guys running them? Curious on the fitment / finish.

-Ryan

I ran TF wheels for 13yrs - loved the look and deep dish in the rear. Always made my CO stand out. However, I have a hard time keeping them as clean as I want. My hands can on longer deal with the polishing and intricate cleaning of the assembly bolts. I drive my car and don't want the wheels to dictate how much I enjoy driving it.

I plan to keep the TF wheels and use them occasionally so it's less cleaning overall. The 18" reps look amazing on the car and there is certainly a chance the TF's never go back on.

stangfreak

Established Member
I ran TF wheels for 13yrs - loved the look and deep dish in the rear. Always made my CO stand out. However, I have a hard time keeping them as clean as I want. My hands can on longer deal with the polishing and intricate cleaning of the assembly bolts. I drive my car and don't want the wheels to dictate how much I enjoy driving it.

I plan to keep the TF wheels and use them occasionally so it's less cleaning overall. The 18" reps look amazing on the car and there is certainly a chance the TF's never go back on.
Thats why I got the BCforged TD03 without the rivets. Even has a nice wheel coating on it for maintaince free cleaning. Its so easy to clean. classic 5 spoke. They always look mint.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I ran TF wheels for 13yrs - loved the look and deep dish in the rear. Always made my CO stand out. However, I have a hard time keeping them as clean as I want. My hands cannot not take the polishing and intricate cleaning of the assembly bolts. I drive my car and don't want the wheels to dictate how much I enjoy driving it.

I agree. Love them and the CCW, but not the price and work. It's a big enough PITA keeping the brake dust off the inside of the wheel. Drives me nut on the car, my truck, nope.
brad those were the ones I almost bought myself. They would look great on the car
Thanks, I'll get them with tires mounted and swap out the rears later for something different. Those will be fine for now, I don't race it, but do enjoy some spirited acceleration.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m regretting the rivets and the complexity of the wheels. I was leaning toward brushed SP500s which I should have done. And now those are out of production/ discontinued

I have been looking at BC forged as well

stangfreak

Established Member
I’m regretting the rivets and the complexity of the wheels. I was leaning toward brushed SP500s which I should have done. And now those are out of production/ discontinued

I have been looking at BC forged as well

The wheels on your car look sick. But I understand. 20 years ago when snakebite had the ROH modena wheels, I wanted them so bad. Back then they wanted 3200 for those wheels. But I remember always hearing how annoying it was to clean the rivets. still not that bad bc they were 5 spoke. you could have still went inside the wheel with a mitt and clean them. since then, I always kept my wheels 5 spoke and simple.

zeus201

Established Member

I hear ya. I love / mostly hate my fully polished CCW Classics. Was a my dream wheel setup but wish I kept my stock wheels to switch it up.

Users who are viewing this thread