18-20 year olds, how did you afford your 03/04 cobra?

Dino S.

Established Member
I give this age bracket cause nearly anyone who is wealthy or plans on being wealthy is in school at this age, and school=expensive, so here I am, in my 96 cobra, confused as hell.

And please, if your mommy or daddy bought it for you, be honest and say so.

Thanks!

sidenote: not asking this to be mean, i'm looking for ideas on how I can get me one!

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
It should be against the law for an 18 year old to own an 03/04 Cobra. I am 35 now and if I had this car when I was 18 I would not have seen 19.

nuxx

Established Member
I bought my 01 when I was 19 on a part time job's income while going to school and living at home. Not hard to do with no expenses.

Bought my '03 at 22, and my '04 at 22 :eek:
-Peter

ArtMan

Established Member
Originally posted by Chonger
It should be against the law for an 18 year old to own an 03/04 Cobra. I am 35 now and if I had this car when I was 18 I would not have seen 19.

I'll second that!

40 now.

But then thats just me. :rockon:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Bought my 01 Cobra when I was 19. Got my 03 at 20. Not hard if you got a decent job!

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
I had a 2002 LE Camaro SS when I was 20 and my 03 when I'm 22. Just having a decent job and living at home. College scholarship helps also.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
im another low one with a long note though, 7 years.. with a part time job looking for a FT one since im almost done with college, also living at home and paying a lil rent... its tuff to do things specially when your girlfriend wants to go out also and you want to buy things for your car etc etc

Steel City

Banned
Damn rich ass PARENTS:fm: I guess Im just jealous but I cant believe how many teenyboppers and very early twenties adults own these cars:shrug: It's all good though, who cares. If I had the opportunity to own this car at such a young age regardless of how I got it I certainly would in a heartbeat!

:burnout:

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Im 21, does that exclude me from the questioning? No one helped me pay for my car, i bought it all by myself. I have a good job with a major insurance company. I not only pay for the cobra, i also live alone in an apartment, pay for all bills, and pay off 2 credit cards. Its not easy sometimes, but its worth every penny.

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by Steel City
Damn rich ass PARENTS:fm: I guess Im just jealous but I cant believe how many teenyboppers and very early twenties adults own these cars:shrug: It's all good though, who cares. If I had the opportunity to own this car at such a young age regardless of how I got it I certainly would in a heartbeat!

:burnout:

That's nothing, my girlfriend has a '04 SL600... and is 20... :cuss:
-Peter

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
When I was 19, I was driving a base model used 1990 Geo Storm, complete with rusting rear quarter panels and an alternator that would self-detruction every time you hit 100MPH.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Unless you guys have a part time job selling crack there has to be more to it.

I'm 21, have a "decent job," live at home with the parents, and school expenses are practically paid for.

However, I only have a 2003 Mustang GT that I pay for myself. I pay the car note, the insurance, the gas, and any mods that I do to it.

Let me know how you guys do it because I would love to get my ass into the drivers seat of a 2004 Cobra.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator

I'm 21, have a "decent job," live at home with the parents, and school expenses are practically paid for.

However, I only have a 2003 Mustang GT that I pay for myself. I pay the car note, the insurance, the gas, and any mods that I do to it.

Let me know how you guys do it because I would love to get my ass into the drivers seat of a 2004 Cobra.

I already said above "how i did it". You need more than a "decent" job first of all. Go get some experience in something and get a good job, that way companies will want to pay you more and you can afford the nicer things in life.

100th96cobra

its not hard if you work full time, or part time and make mad money i guess...im 19, but when i was 18 I purchased my 96 cobra...half my paycheck still goes to the bank and insurance

nuxx

Established Member

My parents paid my insurance on my '01 and '96. It was a bit of shock to pay the insurance on the '03 and '04... :kaboom:
-Peter

fubu795

Banned
I got my 03 when I was 20 years old. I honestly got a good paying job and the car is %100 in my name, no parents or nothing.

Insurance through progressive full coverage is $210.00

I pay for cobra, insurance, apartment, untilites, bike loan, few other small things

Last edited:

Wayneo

Established Member
I inherited 20k when I was 17 from a death in the family. Bought a 2000 Camaro SS for 27k. Paid that off then sold it for 18,000 and bought a 03 Cobra at age 19. Now I am 20 and Still oh 16k though.

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Call up your insurance company and see how much it would be to insure you on a 2003 or 2004 SVT Cobra before even thinking about buying one. You'll probably go get drunk after hearing their answer.

How do you afford the payments? Save save save your money, work your ass off and save money. If you don't have any money, it's too late. Don't make the mistake of taking some 8 year loan with super high APR, then in the end you'll see you paid $45,000+++ for your Cobra and you could have bought a Vette outright or whatever, and by the time it's paid off, you'll want the Shelby Cobra or whatever and be stuck in the same hole again - if you didn't kill yourself in the 03 Cobra

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by notdisturbed
I already said above "how i did it". You need more than a "decent" job first of all. Go get some experience in something and get a good job, that way companies will want to pay you more and you can afford the nicer things in life.

When I wrote that you still hadn't replied to this topic, as such it wasn't directed at you.

However, now that I got your attention, how did you manage to get "experience" and get a good job at an insurance company by the age of 21?

Users who are viewing this thread