18" Chorme Saleens set with tires...

mmarraccini325

Established Member
hey guys just checking to see what you would be willing to pay for a set of 4 chroms Saleens with sumutito tires (75% tread left)? Im contemplating making the purchase and just want to make sure its a fair deal. Thanks.

MM

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Well you can figure new saleen reps cost around $700, so typical used ones with tires may go for $800 to $1200 depending on what the tires are. Used ones with sumitomo tires should not be over $900 IMO, that is assuming the wheels are still nice.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
IMO, Sumitomos are a cheap tire with very little grip. He should knock off $ for selling those tires with them. And if they are REAL Saleens, then the condition on the chrome will be a major factor in price. Get a TON of pics or see them in person first.

mmarraccini325

Established Member
I am planning on meeting up with him tomorrow to see them first hand before the purchase. Is there anything specific I should look out for?

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Some years were known for poor quality of the chrome. They really had issues with flaking of the chrome on the insides of the wheels. But some have issues on the face of the rims too. Just look them over good.

klean4.6

Established Member
I'd rather just buy the replicas since the chrome quality is longer lasting...IMO

Users who are viewing this thread