185/55-17 M&H Radial and Racestars

White608

Go faster
Established Member
Just got my fronts mounted the first one took 1/4 oz of weight. The next tire showed it took 5oz. The tire guy said it must not be seated all the way, dismounted the tire and tried again. Exact same thing happened, needed 5oz. We checked the wheel on the balancer it was running straight. Mounted the tire again and it looks like the tire has a bit of a wobble when it turns at speed like the sidewall and 1/4 part of the tread moves a very little bit.

Anyone else have this kind of problem from M&H I've never had a set of there tires before or know anyone who has..

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
5 years of mounting tires a long time ago and have watched many do that.
Some are cosmetic flaw, most are some kind of optical illusion. Some (very few) are screwed up.

Did he rotate it on the rim 180° when he remounted?

There are times where the him has a heavy spot and the tire has a heavy spot and they end up together.

White608

Go faster
Established Member
Yeah he rotated the rim around the 3rd time.. I don't trust it, it might be ok but if the tire comes apart at 120+ that won't be good. Plus all that weight looks like shit.

I called AM and I have to get the tire shop to write up some kind of report saying that. Then send it to them. Then wait on a tire, then find time to take it back again to get it mounted... PITA

I'll weigh it later

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I just had a buddy who bought the same exact tire and had the same exact problem less than a week ago. He had to call M&H and argue but they are sending him a new set.

Brenspeed also had this happen to them recently. So I think they have a bad run of tires.

White608

Go faster
Established Member
I've never had anything M&H, guess I've been lucky never had a new "bad" tire ever...

scotmach

Established Member
I am about to purchase a set of M&H 185-55/17. Maybe not now. Anyone else make a similar size tire and preferably one a little taller? I'd rather go with a 27" tire in the front as opposed to the 26" M&H.

Users who are viewing this thread