18x10 FR500 Tire Problem

1kftlbs

Established Member
I ordered my 18x10's/18x9's yesterday. I was wondering what non dr tire you 18x10 guys will be running. I drive on the freeway regularly and dont want to be getting new dr's every 5-10,000 miles. The only tires I found that will fit what Im trying to do are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. In 275/35R18 for the front and 295/35R18 for the back. I already ordered them. I will post pics when Im done. Has anyone been able to find a 315 that will fit a 10 inch rim? The smallest 315 I could find was a 315/30r18 that would fit a 10.5 inch rim. I was gonna try it but Its special order and I wanted to make sure my H&R's didnt make me rub so I figured I will give the 295's a shot and go bigger later.
Thanks alot
-Randy

P.S. I did a search and couldnt find any relevant info.

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
I think most tires that will fit the 10.5" will fit the 10" rim. The 295's will look great anyway. If you get any rubbing you could always go with a small spacer.
Where did you order the 18x10's?? I thought they were still a couple months away. I need them to replace my 18x9's for the rear!!

1kftlbs

Established Member
I got them fron partshopper.com. Im gonna try and not use a spacer. I heard with the h&r's I wouldnt rub unless it was on a lift. But I think if I shave the IRS bolt it wont rub at all - I guess Ill see.

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
i'm going to get the same rims, i will be running sumitomo's htr z II

265/35/18 in front
285/35/18 out back

falken's beta tires in some sizes that fit, but if you can wait falken is coming out with an updated azenis pure sport tire.

all my import friends i know that street race use these tires, but up untill now only in smaller sizes. they hook better than nitto DR's as far as launching goes and last about as long, probably longer. and there going to have them in sizes like 315/30/18 for the rear and some for the front. there made for cornering so they will tear up just about any non-road race tire you can think of and even some road race tires. they were the first dot tire aproved for scca dot race classes. there ok in the rain probably similar to nittos. and not very quiet tires, but thats not what they were intended for.

plus there cheap. check them out on falkens website

www.falkentire.com

Users who are viewing this thread