1968 mustang

20svtcobra03

Established Member
ok here it is... my mom has a 1968 mustang and im thinkin about buying it and restoring it... its in pretty good condition and only has 58,452 original miles.. paint is original and faded as you would think.. its $7500 too much for it? ill post up some pics when i get a chance im just tryin to get a feel for it

amorrow

Established Member
Without seeing the car, here's my opinion...

Fastback...good deal regardless of how it's optioned (could be GREAT deal depending on engine code), if in reasonable condition
Convertible...probably a good deal " "
Coupe...totally depends on how it's optioned

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Give us more info on the car...IE: tranny, engine and rear options are the most important...followed by interior, etc.

$7500 generally is a good price as long as interior is good and only the paint is 'faded'. Pics would be great to really help out.

20svtcobra03

Established Member
sorry been very busy.. anywas its a 289 bone stock the intrerior is pretty good not alot of tears and rips im not sure about the options i dont know what they would call it lol.... basic i guess sorry im not alot of help hopefully this weekend ill get some pics

amorrow

Established Member
Pics? Showing all visible corrosion/wear will enable us to offer a better opinion on whether the car is worth $7500. Since it's a coupe, 58K original miles is insignificant, and the only 289 available in '68 was the common two-barrel version [if I'm not mistaken], the car will have to be in relatively good condition to be worth $7500. Also, the car would have to be complete/nearly complete, with all/nearly all parts in good or restorable condition.

Users who are viewing this thread