Blue Blitz

Established Member
Updated pics.

Both downpipes completed.
y0YXcwz.jpg

lQ1nTey.jpg

Wastegate piping started.
JO8Vap4.jpg

Overall view showing wastegate piping and BOV placement.
RqZ5unr.jpg

K6IfZKh.jpg

William

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Wastegate re-circulation piping is completed.

K2GneWt.jpg

9h3eo8Q.jpg

Completed down pipe sections with the wastegate re-circulation tie in.
5cVubjs.jpg

He went to building the exhaust and made me an x-pipe and welded in the vibrant resonators to try and kill a little more sound/drone than the turbos will.
OPgUbl2.jpg

Yf3beAH.jpg

YWmtaxo.jpg

System installed in the car.
vnUHm6x.jpg

FmZzokN.jpg

Very happy with how far up he has the exhaust tucked under the car. The car is as low as it would ever be right now. It'll be coming up prob 1" or so do be at "driving" level.
DWvpFB9.jpg

wQrY1Pw.jpg

William

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Thanks. M2K are masters at their craft. Car should be able to be brought home this weekend. Sadly not sure the weather will cooperate.

Working out coating now. Looking at JetHot Extreme 2000...Prob is M2K said looking at probably $2500 just for the coating!!! Time to take out a second mortgage...

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
It's hard to get quality work like this done even if you offered to pay more. This looks like work they might do to their own show car, let alone for a customers car. Congrats on picking the right guys for the job, and sharing their work!

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Agreed, and this shop rate is high but competitive with the big name shops in Houston. Kevin is a small shop (him and one other person work there) and they take work in by appointment and only if they're interested in the work. Good situation to be in. Kevin seems to love his job and is DAMN good at it!

P.S. This is the guy that has put together all the Venom GT's so far for Hennessey. That was his previous employment before he decided to go out and do his own thing. He's been building turbo cars for a long time.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Thanks. M2K are masters at their craft. Car should be able to be brought home this weekend. Sadly not sure the weather will cooperate.

Working out coating now. Looking at JetHot Extreme 2000...Prob is M2K said looking at probably $2500 just for the coating!!! Time to take out a second mortgage...

Why not look into Polydyn? I was happy with my headers I had coated. Cut down heat considerably.

Car is looking good!

Blue Blitz

Established Member
He said he didn't have issues with Polydyn for headers, but turbo manifolds he has had issues with 4-5 sets over the year. Enough he said he wouldn't even consider them again. Most recently was a GTR that had them on for 4 months. They were pulled and the car was returned to stock, after 4 months he said nearly 50% of the coating had flaked off.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
He said he didn't have issues with Polydyn for headers, but turbo manifolds he has had issues with 4-5 sets over the year. Enough he said he wouldn't even consider them again. Most recently was a GTR that had them on for 4 months. They were pulled and the car was returned to stock, after 4 months he said nearly 50% of the coating had flaked off.

Damn! I guess regular headers don't hold heat like turbo manifolds. Too bad.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yea. Look at my reducer and you'll see how bad the heat will be. 3.5" to 2.125" in like 2.5" length. Will have huge heat.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Thanks. Still a ways to go but hoping the car is back in my garage this weekend or the following weekend. Weather may delay the transport operations.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Definitely a dream build and I love coming in here looking at the updates. One day.... I hate to to talk prices but what could one expect to pay ball park for a build like this?

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Got an enclosed trailer if you need some help.

Thanks. I'll post up if I do. Not sure it'll be done is weekend so playing it by ear.

Such a badass ride...love me some orange.

Thanks, likewise. Funny thing. I didn't like orange when I got this car. Had it painted yellow originally. Eventually I grew up and saw the light.

Definitely a dream build and I love coming in here looking at the updates. One day.... I hate to to talk prices but what could one expect to pay ball park for a build like this?

It's not for the weak spirited for sure. I wouldn't do another build this intense going back. Glad I got to build my first car this way but the next will be a true budget built. Satisfaction of results I think has diminishing returns. I'll just say by the time I'm done I could have had a quite nice UGR 2R R8 I'm guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread