1971 Chevelle SS 454 Clone Project $6000

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
Hi, Im putting up for sale my 1971 Chevelle SS Clone. The car is currently set up as a drag car. It has stock suspension with the exception of a latter bar setup in the rear, and has a Locked rear differential, and comes with Some Lightweight 15x10 Drag wheels with MT ET Streets. The car is currently in "project car" stage. However the car is running and titled. It needs a tune and some body work, but other than that it runs like a bat out of hell and makes a ton of power.

A little background. me and my dad bought this car from his friend/mechanic 3 years ago. The car was his wifes drag car (had previously run a low 8-high 7 at Barona. cant remember) On the way up to barona one day before our ownership, the car lost the Left rear wheel (drivers side rear) going around a corner (sheared the studs off) and it thusly damaged the Left quarter panel and the trunk pan. We took ownership and fixed the damage, however in our ignorance, it was patched on the body line (i cannot fathom what possessed me to do that, i should have done it up under the Vinyl top, but i didnt) so the Body work has become a massive hassle and i just dont want to deal with it anymore. I have also since replaced the passenger side quarter, which due to the replacement was patched about an inch above the body line (not a full panel). Both sides have bondo on them and they look okay, but if i were keeping the car, they would both get replaced again right. We also replaced the entire trunk floor, and the outside wheel wells.

The interior is in pretty good condition, It has a bench seat and new panes all around. It has a Roll bar with a harness bar, and because of it, it has no rear seat. I made a quick rear seat delete out of some think plywood and some Home depot black carpet. The interior is missing the Kick panels.

The driveline is a Mostly stock 454 out of an unknown car. The only mods i know of on the motor are an edelbrock intake and 750 carburetor, as well as some Crinkle black Valve covers. The transmission is a TH400 3 speed auto non o/d with a shift kit, a B&M Shifter, and a 3200 Stall converter. The Rear end is a GM 12 bolt with a Detroit locker and 4.11 gears. All 3 drip fluid, i attempted to fix the Rear end recently, but it didnt hold, its not bad but its noticeable.

The exhaust is a basic setup. a set of unknown Longtubes into a 3 inch side exit setup with flowmaster 40 series (i think) with some cutouts (i was meaning to get E-cutouts for it but where they are makes them easy to uncork)

The car is currently riding on a mismatched set of GM wheels on BFG Radial T/A's The front tires are pretty new (low miles, but theyre a couple of years old), and the rears are almost bald. also comes with a set of Light weight drag wheels, 15x10 with MT ET Street Drag slicks. I think the wheels are aluminum with MAG centers, but they might be all aluminum.

Im sure im forgetting to put something down. The car runs decent and is driveable, but the carb needs to be tuned, however, dispite that the car is a blast to drive and the engine is a boat of torque. Ive just dropped the price to $6000.00 No offers this is as low as im going. I need this car gone ASAP.

Crappy pics, but you get the idea, i need to back her out of the garage to get better ones, so let me know if you want them
IMG_5387.jpg

IMG_5388.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

Last edited:

ford7700

Established Member
finshed paint job and shes drives and run ill trade 1999 red ford lightning new stock motor

Users who are viewing this thread