RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
:lol: nice pic that chick is PIIHB

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Yep, appearance package for 1979 and 1980 from what I remember. Available with the Turbo 2.3 or V8 (I believe the boat anchor 4.2 was the option then).

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Those 15" metric Michelin tire/wheel package was BIG stuff back them....woohoo! 15's!

They weren't 15's. They were metric 380mm i believe. Somewhere between 15 & 16". someone back me up on this. I have had several Foxes with these wheels but we are going back a-ways. The car was 'right' for the times.

Last edited:

homer302

Banned

:loser:
wrong. Look it up.

They weren't 15's. They were metric 380mm i believe. Somewhere between 15 & 16". someone back me up on this. I have had several Foxes with these wheels but we are going back a-ways. The car was 'right' for the times.

Correctamundo. 15.5 inches and damn were they sticky. They only lasted 12,000 miles at most but they were a good tire for their day. And they left sweet looking black marks too, not just powder or light marks.
There is nothing new under the sun. The 1993 was not the first Cobra just like the 1979 or Mustang Cobra II wasn't first.

Iron Fist

Established Member
Canada had an LX/Cobra package in the late 80s. There are a few Canadian Foxes that when their VIN is run, it comes up as an LX/Cobra.

Yes, I had an 86 Mustang GT Cobra, it was no different than the GT's in the US, just had a Cobra decal on the hatch, and the bumper may have been embossed with a Cobra logo, I can't remember cause I was rear-ended so many times and the replacement bumper was aways a bit different.

Also the GT's were just labeled Cobra's, the LX's were just an LX but you could get the 5.0L package.

Last edited:

homer302

Banned
Man I think that's a Recorder. I played one of those when I was 6 years old. LOL

Is that what your "crazy" uncle told you it was when you stayed at his house......hhhmmmmmm??????????

:dw:

JK...:beer:

Last edited:

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Is that what your "crazy" uncle told it was when you stayed at his house......hhhmmmmmm??????????

:dw:

JK...:beer:

Haha, nah my uncle was only crazy enough to teach me how to drive stick in his Porsche 911... when I was 14!! That's the good crazy though, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread