1985 GT build

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
So I bought this car in the market last May from a really nice gentleman from Maryland. Was going to just enjoy it like it was, but couldn't leave enough alone. First the exhaust was to quiet, so put some old school 2 chamber Flowmaster's on it. Got the sound I wanted. Then last summer the car starting to overheat. So I replaced the radiator and thermostat. Figured it needed subframe connectors, so had those installed. Then it started. Decided to upgrade the suspension, brakes and rear. Started collecting parts for the build. Went with Maximum Motorsports starter box and the rear grip package. Then I went with North Racercars front and rear brakes. The rear needed some lover, so I had it taken apart and had it powdercoated and filled with upgraded parts. Went with 31 spline Moser axles for the new rear brakes and put new limited slip diff. The transformation was long, but the wait was worth it. So here are the pics.

Stock pic

Memorial%20Day%202015%20car%20show_zps6hepeofi.jpg

Rear removed

DSC00955_zps89mvhj4q.jpg

DSC01063_zpsyxehq9sh.jpg

DSC01083_zpsoulvdmyp.jpg

DSC01081_zpsz70qqvlq.jpg

20160709_100353_zpsgvcyezwc.jpg

Rear is done, so now for the front.

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
Appreciate the kind comments. I thought the same thing on the stance. I can lower the back, but the front I have to hope it settles some more. Otherwise, I'll have to put in coilover kit from Maximum Motorsports. More money I don't want to spend. My next upgrades will be engine.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Look what we have here! Good to see you got going on it! I remember you talking about it on my thread. Let me know if you run into any snags, chances are I've been there lol.

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
You're the reason I spent all the money, but in the end, this car is 100% better in braking and handling. The brakes and suspension was really lacking. She is fun to drive now. Just needs more power. That will be the next project this winter. My plan is TW 190 11R heads, custom Ed Curtis cam, Edlebrock Air Gap intake and 650 CFM carb. Hoping for 325h rwhp.

Mike

Last edited:

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
You're the reason I spent all the money, but in the end, this car is 100% better in braking and handling. The brakes and suspension was really lacking. She is fun to drive now. Just needs more power. That will be the next project this winter. My plan is TW 190 11R heads, custom Ed Curtis cam, Edlebrock Air Gap intake and 650 CFM carb. Hoping for 325h rwhp.

Mike

LOL, youre welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread