1989 Notchback CLEAN! (Massachusetts)

gtmustang00

Established Member
Steep price. This is what 60k mile notches are going for with no rust or paintwork needed. How many miles?

Mellis

Established Member
Lol calling the car "rusty" when it only has one small corner? Little harsh IMO, but what ever. That is literally the only spot.

Around 20k miles after the rebuild, not sure how many miles on the body, but you would never guess anywhere over 50k on it. Sure hood needs paint, and one little corner needs to be rust fixed, not a big deal considering most foxes out there are falling apart. With a clean title to boot, i think anything above 7500 is a fair price. I just need offers!

Price is very negitiable, i have my baby due in less than 10 days, so i need it gone.

Price dropped to $8500 on craigslist, make an offer!

Last edited:

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
sorry buy id agree with others, who would pay top dollar for a car with rust, one spot means there is more. needs paint work, and has mis matching interior, good luck but your 3k high, its just reality.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Because you have seen my car before? If i could take a head to toe picture of the underneath just to shut you up i would. If your not interested in buying, then please keep your senseless comments to yourself. and paint work, i mean the hood needs to be painted because its brand new... stop trolling the SVT forums kid

And the clean foxes in socal are 5k because there is alot of them. The market up here in Massachusetts is a little higher because a nice rust free clean notch is hard to find.

On a positive note heres a video when i bought the car last winter, sounds the same, looks different. Someone make a reasonable offer. Im negotiable, im gonna have my first child soon so i need it gone.

Cammed 89 LX Coupe - YouTube

^click!

streetone01 is not a kid trolling the forums, and I would be willing to bet money he knows more about foxbodys and mustangs in general than you will ever know, especially if your asking $9500 (I see you price dropped it now) for a rusty, mismatched notch, that needs paint. The only ground it looks like you have to stand on is the engine/engine bay, but anyone can go buy a crate motor for $4k and drop it in after the engine bay is shaved and painted :bored: I looked for a Notch for almost a year and it seems like everyone that is trying to sell one thinks they have a Unicorn, especially in New England. You could most likely get 5-6k all day for that car.

GreggsSVT

Established Member
sorry buy id agree with others, who would pay top dollar for a car with rust, one spot means there is more. needs paint work, and has mis matching interior, good luck but your 3k high, its just reality.

x2 Body & paint work is expensive.

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
"Because you have seen my car before? If i could take a head to toe picture of the underneath just to shut you up i would. "

So do it... don't threaten, I think we would love to see it. And btw I am looking for a fox, I always am.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I've been looking for a project notch myself. It does seem as though the notches are over priced but it is what it is, blue is not the most desirable color for sure, black on the other hand IMO is.

Not sure if I asked this before but can you post interior pics?

Best of luck with your sale.

Mellis

Established Member
I never said i knew more about foxes then him, id put money on it also that he knows much more than i do. But when people say the entire car is rotting away, its just not true at all. I will be gathering pictures this weekend to show everyone bashing this car that its much nicer than you all think.

Now that this thread is being hijacked, ill keep the add on craigslist and just let this one take its course i suppose. i think i can get 7500 for this car. Obviously 9500 was a high start, but i dont want to give the thing away either...

Rick88LX

Established Member
I think the "CLEAN" in the title may have caused some heartache as soon as you posted a picture of the rust. I was expecting something a bit diffferent...sorry.
I stripped my car to a virtual shell and did body & paint work on it back in 1995. You'd be surprised what you might find on a car that only has one small spot on a car that has seen life in a northern climate. I'm not saying yours does...but it makes people wonder...hence the comments.
Either way, glws and Congrats on the new family addition.

Last edited:

Mellis

Established Member
Updated with many more pictures, including undercarriage and interior. Basic minor rust on some exhaust parts because its not stainless so that's a given... and that one corner in the rear. Everything else is clean of rust. The mismatching roof is unfortunate, but all the other black interior parts are great looking.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

99riodragon

Established Member
any rust causes concern among muscle car buyers...and 9500 is way steep..no one is trying to bash or hurt or insult but your on a forum where this (mustangs) is more than a hobby..its our passion....good luck on your sale and the baby..children are a blessing...sometimes....lol..

Users who are viewing this thread