1992 Bimini Blue LX 5.0 with IRS, Wildwood Brakes, 5-lug, more...

FrankCastle99

This is not vengeance...
Established Member
I am posting this car for a friend. These pictures do not do this car justice. He didn’t know I was dropping by to take them so the car is not clean, but trust me, this car is beautiful.

The car is a 1992 Bimini Blue LX 5.0. It is a 5 speed car. This is an original V8 car, not a 4 cyl conversion. The car has the original paint and the body is 100% free of door dings and major scratches. It has grey leather interior and the seats are PERFECT (the rear seat has been removed however).

The car has approximately 96K miles on it but you’d guess it closer to 20-30K (if that). This is the cleanest fox body car that I’ve ever laid eyes on. No rust to be found, hatch and all door hinges just like new, and the car is very, very nice overall.

Everything works on this car – power windows, power locks, A/C (blows cold), heater, turn signal, all gauges, all interior lights, headlights/taillights etc. – it is like a new car in this regard. Even the ashtray door works! I would have no issue driving this car across the country.

Here are the details:

The Basics:

1992 Bimini Blue1992 LX 5.0, 5-speed
- 96K miles
- 5.0 – runs perfectly, BONE STOCK motor down to the filter
- Grey Leather interior – 9.5/10 (could use new floormats)
- Original paint (in outstanding condition, especially for a 15 year old car)
- Car is tagged in OK through February of 2008
- VIN: 1FACP41E8NF162320

Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension:

- Bolt pattern conversion to 5 x 4.5” pattern – done right!
- Full Wildwood Brake conversion (4-piston calipers in the front, 2-piston calipers in the rear, cross drilled rotors on all corners, proportioning valve under the hood)
- Forgeline RS Racing wheels – these are very light, tough wheels – no curb rash but could use a good cleaning – They look like they are 17” x 9” and are very nicely tucked in tight to the fenders
- Bridgestone Potenza RE730 Tires with lots of tread left (70-80%)
- Full Tubular front suspension with QA1 Coil Overs (very, very stout pieces)
- Independent Rear Suspension (not from a Cobra) with QA1 coil overs – this thing looks 10X tougher than an ’03-’04 Cobra IRS
- Full length subframe connectors (welded in)

Engine/Exhaust:
- Stock 1992 5.0 Motor
- Stock H-pipe and stock cat-back (dumped at rear differential – no room to run pipes – see photos below)
- Aftermarket Shifter (feels like a Pro 5.0 but I’m not sure what it is)

Interior:

- Grey Leather interior – 9.5/10 (could use a good cleaning and new floormats)
- 6 point grey powdercoated roll cage – no door bars, padding covering any areas where you might hit your head – not sure who did it, but it is one of the nicest cages I’ve ever seen.
- Cluster converted to brand new 140 MPH Speedometer (done at 62K miles – odometer reads 34,xxx, actual mileage is ~96K)
- Aftermarket Sony CD player (not hooked up to speakers, previous owner removed amps and subs prior to sale)
- MB Quart Tweeters in the doors just below the door handles
- Clifford Alarm System
- No rear seat (not usable due to 6 point cage) – Battery box located behind pass seat and amp wiring behind driver’s seat where rear seat would be if there was one.

This car is in very good condition and only has tasteful modifications, none of which are irreversible. I am not sure of what it would run or how much power it makes. The motor feels very strong for a stock 5.0 car.

There is 1 small scuff on the front bumper cover that is about the size of a golf ball. It might buff out, not sure. It did break the little black trim however. This should be visible in one of the pics (pass side, below the corner light). Personally I’d remove all of the black trim (comes off easily) because there’s beautiful paint underneath it and this car’s paint is not faded in the least.

Exterior:

Nose.gif

DS-Rear.gif

DS-Front.gif

DS-Line.gif

PS-Line.gif

Nose.gif
Engine.gif
FrontLeft.gif

Rear.gif

And here’s a shot of the Independent Rear Suspension:

IRS.gif

Interior:

IneriortDS.gif

Dash.gif

CageBattBox.gif

InteriorPS.gif

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:

ForgelineWheel.gif

DSRearWheel.gif

DSFrontWheel.gif

$9,000 OBO

The car is located in the Tulsa, OK metro area. Please call Scott at (918) 367-9663 or (918) 367-2772.

FrankCastle99

This is not vengeance...
Established Member
userob2002 said:
04 cobra for trade plus cash.

Call Scott at (918) 367-9663 or (918) 367-2772.

I just posted this for him to get the word out.

I'm sure he'd be willing to negotiate on price.

FrankCastle99

This is not vengeance...
Established Member
twisted89GT said:
If it had the stick axle in it we would have a deal.:nonono:

I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble finding someone to trade you for a built live axle.:thumbsup:

This IRS is a beefy sucker and I'm sure it handles extremely well. Some guy who's into road racing would be all over it.

Last edited:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Nice but the price is a little much. My first stang was a 91 notch in bimini blue. Ya dont see many so they do turn heads.

FrankCastle99

This is not vengeance...
Established Member
cobra2798 said:
Nice but the price is a little much. My first stang was a 91 notch in bimini blue. Ya dont see many so they do turn heads.

Call Scott and talk to him about it, the worst he can say is no. He's willing to negotiate. That's why I posted "OBO".

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Nice track car. Looks like it has all the right bits.. ttt and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread