1992 Mustang GT 5.0 in SoCal

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
1992 Mustang GT 5.0 in SoCal. Price drop $4000!

Engine
Bored .030 over to 306ci
Edelbrock Aluminum heads
FRPP E303 Camshaft
GT40 Intake Manifold
BBK Cold Air Intake
24# injectors (i believe one of them is bad, however im not entirely sure)
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
FRPP Aluminum radiator
Flex fan
PA performance starter

Exhaust
BBK Equal length headers
Stock Midpipe with 4 brand new cats
BBK Catted X Pipe (Lightly dented, not currently on car because of smog check)
Pypes Violator catback, LX style

Drivetrain
Stock T5
Poly Transmission mount
MGW Short throw shifter with composite race knob
3 inch aluminum driveshaft
Stock 8.8 with a rebuilt Trac-lok
FRPP 3.73 Gears
5 lug conversion

Brakes
SSBC Slotted front rotors and 2 piston calipers(95 cobra style)
5 lug rear drums

Suspension
Maximum motorsports Full Length Subframe connectors
BBK Strut tower brace
MM Solid Aluminum Steering rack bushings
MM Solid Steering shaft
Koni Shocks/struts on all 4 corners
X2c front and rear Coilovers
Pro3i Caster/Camber Plates
Aftermarket(i think theyre QA1) tubular front control arms w/o spring perch
Thicker front sway bar
Summit Tubular rear control arms
no quad shocks

Wheels/Tires
17x9 Chrome Bullitt wheels
245/45/17 Front and 275/40/17 Rear BFG Gforce Sports
Fronts are about 95% tread (replaced in february or march) and rears are about 15 or 20%

Interior
Autometer Tach pod with a monster tach and shift light, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
Customrearseatdelete.com Rear seat delete with 2 access panels, 1 for spare tire, 1 for storage where the rear seat was
Ashtray Door WORKS
New Center console lid (slightly darker, got ordered in the wrong color because foxes came with like 30 different interior greys.)

Exterior
LX Taillights
New Headlights with clear corners
Cervinis 93 cobra style rear bumper and pypes 3 inch tips
5% tint on the quarter and rear windows

a little background

The car had been in a minor accident. Front right of the car. recently, some of the forlorn parts of the accident are making themselves known. The front right wheel has recently decided to make itself home about 1 inch farther back in the wheel well than its drivers side companion. I havent really noticed any negatives driveability wise, but it annoys the hell out of me and its obvious somethings wrong. I believe the culprit may be that the K member bolts are a tiny bit loose on the passenger side, allowing that wheel to move back slightly, so it may just be an easy fix (i was under there a little bit ago and noticed that the K member was as far back as possible on the adjustment...

The car also has a backfire which i BELIEVE i have narrowed down to be the Injectors. i believe that one or more is not closing all the way, causing excess fuel to build up in the intake, and when air is added down low where the suction of the engine cant compensate, it pops in the intake. I added a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to the gas today to try and see if that helps.

the rear brakes stick on slightly after the E brake has been on sometimes, not sure of the problem, but it seems to stop after the car has been moved more than about 5 feet.

We just spent 850 dollars getting this thing to pass a BAR State Referee Smog test. The first time it blew high on the hydrocarbons, and the Ref didnt like my BBK Catted X pipe or MSD Distributor, i replaced both with stock parts, and it still blew over on the HC's, finially spent 700 bucks to get ALL 4 cats replaced in the stock Midpipe and it passed with flying colors (1 precat was clogged, the other was gutted/blown) So the car is CA Smog Legal.

The Interior is in pretty good shape, it has a decently new carpet, as well as a new center console lid that isnt quite the same color (its a darker grey) the ashtray works. It has an autometer Tach Pod with a 5" Monster tach w/ shift light (for some reason i could never get the light adjusted to come on at redline, dunno why), an oil pressure, and a water temperature gauge, as well as a rear seat delete. The car also has and MGW shifter and their composite race knob.

The exterior is decent. Has some dents. One on the passenger fender at the top of the side, above the wheel arch, has been there since ive had the car, and a couple on the drivers fender on the top. also has a few other misc. dents that arent really big enough that ive really noticed. Has some rust and paint cracks, one nickel sized spot on the hatch(visible in the second picture above the left taillight), and a larger spot on the passenger side quarter. The front bumper is really rough, i dont know what all its been through, but its beat, and should be replaced, ASAP, i just never had the funds to buy a new one. The rear bumper is about 2 years old, its a cervinis Cobra Bumper. The paint is meh, its got alot of fade on the hood and bumper, and my friends make fun of me for it being pink, but the rear bumper has nice new paint. If i were to keep it it would probably get an all over body redo and paint job. It wouldnt take much to get this car beautiful

All in all the car is a pretty good car, its been good to me, and with minimal work and troubleshooting it could be a good, streetable daily, or a nice weekend warrior. my patience has just run out with the car. Im asking $4000. im open to offers, but please dont lowball me, ive spent too much money on this car to let it go for nothing.

Id like to get this car sold ASAP, so if youre interested, dont be shy, there is a nice car local that i want to pick up but i cant do so until this and my 71 chevelle sell (454/TH400/4.11 12 bolt SS for sale for 8k if youre interested.) and i just want both cars gone at this point. Thanks

Ill get some better pictures if anyone wants them, but until then heres some recent ones (it sits exactly the same sans the tint on the front 3 windows)

DSC_0001.jpg

Pic of the exhaust/cobra bumper
DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Civimustarionic%20photoshoot

Thats all the good pics i have of it in its current form, I will take some more on request.

Price dropped to 4000, I need this thing GONE!

Last edited:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Seems like a very nice car just needs a few little things. good price too. If you get any more pics let me know. Would like to see the interior and some more exterior shots

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
I just took some to list the Car on ebay, but i will hold off and send them to you through PM. It really has been a good car, and it sucks to let it go for this little (bought for 6k and has another 6 in parts added). But i found a really nice terminator for sale locally and i need to sell this and the chevelle to buy it. Thanks for the interest, PM is headed your way

Users who are viewing this thread