1992 Mustang LX NE SSP For Sale in KC

Pegasus

Established Member
1992 Mustang SSP LX Coupe
-White ext
-Blue interior

SSP Nebraska State Trooper car. I dont' know much about the service history, but it's for sure that this car was in service with them. Has buck tags, DSO number, 160MPH speedo, oil cooler, ground straps, equipment holes, spotlight and antenna holes have been repaired by previous owner.
Approx 155K (I'll have to check the odometer tonight)
Body is straight and has all original tags on all panels, and is in pretty good shape overall

Engine
-DSS Pro bullet 306 short block (stud girdle, full ARP, etc) approx 15K on it since 2002
-high volume oil pump (holds awesome pressure)
-Cam Motion Cam (seriously, it's a mystery, don't know what it is)
-Edelbrock performer 2.20-1.60 heads studded, Completely gone through with bigger springs and ported/port matched by Rich
-Cometic head gaskets
-1.72 Motorsport roller rockers
-Sytemax upper and lower intake
-75 MM TB
-Edelbrock water pump
(there is more that is there, but I'm forgetting right now)

Trans/driveline
-Tremec 3550 with maybe 10K on it, ALL street use
-Spec 3.5 clutch
-Steeda Tri-ax shifter with 03 Cobra ball
-Adjustable cable and firewall adjuster
-Aluminum drive shaft
-8.8 with 3.73 gear and drums
-Moser 31 spline axles (5 lug)

Suspension
-AJE Racing Tubular K-member and coil-overs 150 lb front springs
-Lakewood 90/10 struts
-Sway bar removed for intercooler mounting (goes with the car)
-Subframe connectors
-Megabite JR upper/lower control arms
-Stock rear springs cut to lower the car (recommended by Wolfe for the Anti-roll bar)
-Wolfe Racecraft Anti-roll bar with Chromoly adjustable links by Travis of Steel Concepts
-8 Point Chromoly rollbar custom done by Travis of Steel Concepts in 2005 (painted with POR15 flat black)
-torque boxes and all rear suspension welded for strength

ProCharger
-D1SC
-12 rib drive
-horizontally mounted intercooler
-fully polished blower and brackets
THANK YOU TO DORIAN (before House of Boost fame) FOR HELPING ME SET THIS UP!!

Fuel System
-255 in tank pump
-ProCharger inline pusher pump
-stock fuel filter
-stock fuel lines
-Aeromotive regulator
-42lb injectors
-ProM mass air meter

Exhaust
-BBK full length headers chrome
-BBK H-pipe no cats
-brand new 02 sensors
-newer flow tubes
-Spintech mufflers (I would be running tailpipes, but anti-rollbar prevents it)

Interior
-stock blue seats front and back(back modified for cage fitting)
-cut console (that's how Nebraska did it)
-manual locks/windows (doors are feather light)
-cruise delete
-Autometer whiteface tach
-Autometer 2 5/8 water temp, boost, oil pressure and fuel pressure gauges
-other than a few things, the interior is stock, just the way I like it.

Exterior
-White paint that someone did custom before I owned it
-Saleen body kit and stripes
-clear corners
-I'll let the pics tell you the rest of this story

Wheels/tires
-Centerline Telstars
-15/4 front with Volks 165R15 tires in perfect shape
-15/8 rears with 26/11.5 ET Streets

Extras that I can think of
-MSD 6AL with adjustable rev limiter
-big radiator with twin electric fans
-battery mounted in trunk
-has small alternator, but I have a 130 3G new ready to put on

Car made 496/437 on 10 lbs of boost and 110 TT fuel.

THANK YOU NICK AND THE GUYS AT MC RACING!!!!!!!
I will scan and post the dyno graph later in the week. It has a flip-chip and is on the pump gas/small tune right now and still makes lower-mid 400's. We have not had it back on the dyno, so I'm not sure what it does right this second. I can tell you it hauls ass!

Short (very short) history
I bought the car in 2001. Stock engine/trans/3.73 rear. Powerdyne exploded and the motor sucked it in. Bought the DSS in 2002 and put it in. Car went 12.40 @109 with a 1.66 short time. At that time it had the DSS NA, GT40 heads, Cobra intake, stock t-5, 3.73 rear and 4 cyl springs and otherwise stock suspension. Car at that time NA with that combo made 313/335 ( I have the dyno for that, too). I did the Procharger/Tremec suspension and cage all at the same time, and it's not been back to the track. Money and time are not on my side..... I know this car has the suspension and power to run 10's. It's streetable, and I drive it all over the place (in town). It's won a couple of small car shows and has been a feature car in Modified Mustang (I will scan that later this week and post it). I'm really proud of this car and really love it.

I have many pics of vids of the car over time and our exploits. I don't really need to sell it, it's more of a boredom thing. I just want something else now.

I'm going to ask $15,000 for it. If it seems steep to you in this market.... Go try and buy a clean coupe, and build it like this one, then we can talk.

Disclaimer...
Noone is going to be driving this car without a hefty deposit first. I've spent a lot of time and money on it in almost 8 years, so no joyriding. I'll drive, you can ride! If you want to drive it, we can talk.

Here's some pics...

magazine article pic
WhitecarJamesPIcket.gif

Reunion006.gif

Reunion005.gif

Reunion007.gif

Morestuff004.gif

Morestuff011.gif

Cobra wheels in 2003
Coupesideways.gif

In front of MC Racing in 2005
AtMC.gif

carstuffforsale058.gif

Here's what the car looked like in-service not MY car, but identical.
NE89StateTrooper-1.gif

I have way more pics that I will post tomorrow!!!!

Here is my HOB page that's been up there since 2005. check out the pics and info
http://www.houseofboost.com/members.alexm.html

Keep in mind how drivable this car is.... the day those photos were taken, the car had already driven over 100 miles ...... up north to an old friend's funeral (RIP, Chris Wright), took a friend home in Olathe, then drove downtown to do the photoshoot, then to my parents for dinner. then home!!

PLEASE PM ME FOR INFO AND QUESTIONS!!!! THANK YOU!!

Thank you's for helping me with this car over the years.....
Travis H
Irwin
Dorian C
Tim R

Pegasus

Established Member
here's some more pics to feast you eyes...

i have a 3 inch stack of photos that need to be scanned, but they are from 2001 to 2004, then I got the digital.

Stuff004.gif

SundayFun003.gif

SundayFun006.gif

PoliceInterceptor.gif

Morestuff010.gif

carstuffforsale054.gif

carstuffforsale051.gif

Reunion001.gif

Pegasus

Established Member
Thanks for looking and tonight I will try and figure out how to get all my vids of the car on Youtube for everyone to see!!

I have some great vids of it, and I need to get them up here. Seeing the car moving and hearing it will sell it!

Thanks!!
Alex

stang50bangerz

Established Member
Thanks for looking and tonight I will try and figure out how to get all my vids of the car on Youtube for everyone to see!!

I have some great vids of it, and I need to get them up here. Seeing the car moving and hearing it will sell it!

Thanks!!
Alex

This car sounds amazing "sex to the ears"... rides real nice. I have been for a few rides in this car and out of the few rides i have only got him to get on it once... other then that he granny shifts it and cruises in the slow lane...

Pegasus

Established Member
Here are some more pics of the car. I finally got the time to scan them!!

Dyno Graph
Whitecardyno.gif

Feature in Modified Mustang Magazine
Whitecarmagphoto1.gif

Whitecarmagphoto2.gif

Whitecarmagphoto3.gif

Whitecarmagphoto4.gif

Whitecarmagphoto5.gif

Couple of randoms from when I 5-lugged it in 2003, and the bottom ones are when I bought the car! I had just put my draglites on it and snapped a pic in my parents garage.

Whitecarrandomphotos.gif

I have some more but I have lost them for now.... I will find them and put them up here, too!!

Ax

Pegasus

Established Member
Anyone? I know the economy sucks and all, but jeez, I thought there may be a little more interest than this!!

bump!

Ax

Pegasus

Established Member
I was just thinking about something this morning..... taking more detailed pics, and trying to show you certain parts of the car that kick ass. There is a lot of the car that I have forgotten to mention because I have owned it for so long, and I forgot what all I have done!

I also have not shown the car's SSP history/proof. I'm thinking that I should include the pics fo the Buck Tags and DSO and stuff like that. Maybe ground straps and stuff, oil cooler. I know that some people like to see that stuff.

If anyone wants to see this stuff, please pm me, and I will get it on here soon.

So let me know!
thanks

Ax
KC

Last edited:

Pegasus

Established Member
Here are some more pics (Thanks to House of Boost for these 4)

Whitecarsideviewturned.gif

Whitecarsideviewturned2.gif

Whitecarfrontview.gif

Whitecarfullinterior.gif

2005 Topeka show

CopyofMorestuff056.gif

CopyofMorestuff055.gif

Randoms from 2006 Magazine shoot

SundayFun009.gif

SundayFun010.gif

SundayFun008.gif

Before the cage was put in so you can see the floor and stuff

Whitecar013.gif

Pegasus

Established Member
Bump!!! Using this old Add, car is still for sale,I've just been busy...

I just completed the 130 amp Alternator swap on it today, so now it's got great voltage and it's running awesome! Going to change the oil this weekend and start driving it around again. (it has not been out of the garage in months)

So SOMEONE PLEASE BUY THIS!!!!

Thanks for looking again!!

Alex

polock4life

Established Member
great looking car pegasus... i'll be home from japan, to lawrence on the 23rd of june. If you still have it, i wouldn't mind checking it out. does it have a pump gas tune? 110 is a little extreme for daily driving like you were talking about for the photo shoot. Does the ac and heat still work? anyhow, you can send me a PM or whatever, but the car looks real sharp, if nothing else this is a free bump for ya! Where in Kc are you? I'm going to be struggling for wheels(military), so I don't know if you ever visit Lawrence.

edit: are there still holes in the decklid?

Last edited:

Pegasus

Established Member
great looking car pegasus... i'll be home from japan, to lawrence on the 23rd of june. If you still have it, i wouldn't mind checking it out. does it have a pump gas tune? 110 is a little extreme for daily driving like you were talking about for the photo shoot. Does the ac and heat still work? anyhow, you can send me a PM or whatever, but the car looks real sharp, if nothing else this is a free bump for ya! Where in Kc are you? I'm going to be struggling for wheels(military), so I don't know if you ever visit Lawrence.

edit: are there still holes in the decklid?

Yes it has a pump gas tune. Which it's on right now. I run 92 in it, and it makes somewhere in the 400's. Drives like a stock car until you get into it!!

AC is mostly there, I have to get a couple of lines for it, and it worked at one point, so it could work again... heater core is bypassed since before I owned it...

Yes, holes in deck are plugged with rubber plugs because previous owner put a stupid wing on it, and I took it off and plugged the holes.

Ax

Pegasus

Established Member
Totally random pics from last night.... for no reason at all!! Remember, I am NOT a photographer!!

Alternator (New 130 amp)
Misc010.gif

Engine shot
Misc011.gif

Garage shot
Misc016.gif

Another garage shot
Misc020.gif

I was bored last night, and very sick with strep this weekend... so I was standing in the garage with nothing to do....

Ax

Pegasus

Established Member
BUMP! Changed the oil the other night, drove it home in the rain with ET streets and no windshield wipers!!

Ready to rock when the weather is nicer, it keeps raining!! Someone buy it!!

Ax

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread