1993 Cobra R Motorcraft Serpentine Belt Question

1993 Mustang

Established Member
The Ford Number that was given to my friend through the forum was F3ZV 8620 AA. When my friend went to Ford, the clerk gave him the belt F8RZ-8620-BB ( JK6-835-F) saying this was the new number. He has the same setup of a 93 Cobra R, exact Ford pulleys-alternator, smog pump, crank, etc. But this belt Ford gave him is short. Can anyone help? Maybe someone can give me the number from their vehicle and we go from there. Thanks.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The Ford Number that was given to my friend through the forum was F3ZV 8620 AA. When my friend went to Ford, the clerk gave him the belt F8RZ-8620-BB ( JK6-835-F) saying this was the new number. He has the same setup of a 93 Cobra R, exact Ford pulleys-alternator, smog pump, crank, etc. But this belt Ford gave him is short. Can anyone help? Maybe someone can give me the number from their vehicle and we go from there. Thanks.

I researched replacement Motorcraft belts for each of the R's since there is no listing in the Ford parts information specific to these cars. I found that the JK 835 F fit both the 93 and 00R's. I installed this belt on both of my cars, have driven them to numerous cars shows, no problems. I know it sounds strange that the same belt would fit the 93R 5.0L and the 00R 5.4L DOHC, but it did. I had found a slightly shorter Motorcraft belt, when I say shorter, the difference was about 3/4", it would not fit the 93R, the tensioner would not swing far enough back to accept the 3/4" shorter belt. That is when I realized that the 00R belt length was the next available length, and it fit the 93R perfectly.

R

Users who are viewing this thread