1993 r future values

robjs111

Established Member
Curious if anybody has some input on what the values of the 1993 cobra R's, with say less than 100 miles in wrapper condition, will be in say the next 10 to 20 years? Ford only produced 107 and who knows how many are actually left in the world. For example Shelby produced a couple thousand gt 500's if I am not mistaken and a mint gt 500 is worth??
Thanks.

hurikane85

Established Member
I highly doubt they will be anything like the gt500's were. Cars of the 80-90's arn't near as desirable as the mid to late 60's. You ask 10 people what a gt500 is and 7 probably will know something about them. You ask 10 people about a cobra "r" and maybe one will know what your talking about. It's supply and demand. People that arn't even muscle car enthusiasts wan't a gt500. Guys like us would love to have a wrapper condition cobra "r". Yet, there really isn't many of us to bid against each other. So yes they are rare, yes there is a demand for them. Yet, I wouldn't expect one to worth anymore then 40-50k in 10 to 20 years. (excluding inflation)... Cars from that era just wern't near as sentimental to american culture as the 1960's and back. Sorry, I love them too...Yet, I'd probably take the wrapper off and enjoy the thing...

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Depends how many are still in the wrappers too---if 1/2 are then when they all come up for sale the market is flooded and the price drops. I have always been in the " if you own it drive it " group.

hurikane85

Established Member
Depends how many are still in the wrappers too---if 1/2 are then when they all come up for sale the market is flooded and the price drops. I have always been in the " if you own it drive it " group.

you only live once...I use other things for investing

robjs111

Established Member
I still believe a wrapper 93 cobra R will be worth more than $40-$50k in the next 10 to 20 years. Just the simple fact Ford only made 107. Did any other manufacturer that produced a low number car or truck that we can think of to compare?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought $40-50k was high..

I don't know...Fox bodies aren't that desirable for a lot of people.. I hope they are worth a ton at some point!

SL 1993 R

Established Member
I would venture to say that there are over 100 still out there. Of the three years of R models, the 93 is the only one consistently that has remained above MSRP. The fox body platform was very popular, and still remains strong. The pricing in another 10 years, probably double. Just my. 02 cents.

flattrack53

Established Member
It depends on how much money all of these illegal aliens Obama gave jobs to today can save over the next 10-20 years. If he gets back in, who knows what will happen to the prices on these cars. Be smart, Vote for the American!!

robjs111

Established Member
I would venture to say that there are over 100 still out there. Of the three years of R models, the 93 is the only one consistently that has remained above MSRP. The fox body platform was very popular, and still remains strong. The pricing in another 10 years, probably double. Just my. 02 cents.

Original MSRP was like $24k so double that, 48k? What are the values of the 2k and 95 Cobra R's currently?

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Remember the SAAC fox bodies? They built 65 cars between 1991-1993, very rare. I almost bought one last year, car had low mileage, perfect condition and it was supercharged from new, it ended up selling for around $25k. Demand has to be there.......

robjs111

Established Member
So what would be todays value of say a 1993 Cobra R wrapper condition with 88 miles on clock, just like it came from Ford?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
$50-$60K? The problem with Rs is Ford keeps producing better, fun toys. In the past, people were into cars sitting and collecting dust. That trend is passing. Grab some of magazines on muscle cars. Fewer and fewer are sitting, people want to drive their collector vehicle. GT500s, Boss 302, Saleen, Roush, the new 5.0--lots of choices that drive better, are more comfortable and outperform an R!

Tom

Mystic195

Established Member
There are two on the market right now at $51,000, and $51,900. The second one was just reduced by $18k and still hasn't sold. I think the market is definitely softening up on them. As far as future value goes, I think they are where they will be for the next 10 years.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Value is based on demand, demand is based on who can afford and what they like. I am in the car end of the world and over the last 20 yrs have seen many cars come and go in value. Lets say those 20's cars, most people who wanted one as they remember as a kid have come and gone and value has dropped, 50s cars are of the era where they are hot rodded and those people are in there 60s and up, 60s cars are up due to people in there 50s and 60's remebering they childhood, I even have watched to value of 70s car go up?????????? a hatch back Nova(the Car of Whos Dreams), so just wait the 80s cars are coming. I talk with lots of 40ish people and the ones that know cars know what Rs are and also there kids know, they problem is they still have kids and no extra money to blow on something they don't need. I am of the thought if it runs drive it(Open Track it). I love my cars and figure it is a investment and if it is not worth more I can and do drive them. Try that with you paper stuff. Lots of great invesztments went down the shi..er and all they have is a nice piece of paper, I can make noise and run mine.

grape

Established Member
There are two on the market right now at $51,000, and $51,900. The second one was just reduced by $18k and still hasn't sold. I think the market is definitely softening up on them. As far as future value goes, I think they are where they will be for the next 10 years.

still no links yet? i'm interested in both

Mystic195

Established Member
Car #51 is listed on here. Was originally $69,900 and now is $51,900 but all of the paperwork is missing. It has 500 miles. The other car had under 300 and is no longer advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread