1994 Cobra SPECS?

chance04

Senior SVT Member
Established Member
I just bought my 94 cobra and it seems to have a lunge around 2000 rpm. I bought the car with a broken valve spring and a bent valve so i never heard the car run correctly since I bought it. after fixing all of the above problems it still has this lunging problem, I can't run through town in anything less than two thousand rpm's and I can't use fifth gear unless i run about 70mph. The only thing I can see is that the previous owner has installed an 80mm mass air meter and a 65mm throttle body on a stock injector system. Does anyone know what the stock MAF and TB sizes are? And any suggestions?

Thanks

Just for reference I do know that the car has trick flow aluminum heads, an XE comp cam, msd 6al box, and blaster coil, the pro M 80mm MAF, and what appears to be an aftermarket 65mm TB.
Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:

bzubke1

Established Member
I had the same problem when i bought my 95. I changed the spark plugs and one of them was all gunked up. Put new ones in and it has ran good ever since.

MARK C

Established Member
chance04 said:
I just bought my 94 cobra and it seems to have a lunge around 2000 rpm. I bought the car with a broken valve spring and a bent valve so i never heard the car run correctly since I bought it. after fixing all of the above problems it still has this lunging problem, I can't run through town in anything less than two thousand rpm's and I can't use fifth gear unless i run about 70mph. The only thing I can see is that the previous owner has installed an 80mm mass air meter and a 65mm throttle body on a stock injector system. Does anyone know what the stock MAF and TB sizes are? And any suggestions?

Thanks

Just for reference I do know that the car has trick flow aluminum heads, an XE comp cam, msd 6al box, and blaster coil, the pro M 80mm MAF, and what appears to be an aftermarket 65mm TB.
Any help would be much appreciated

You had a 60mm t/body, on there stock. I don't know what size the stock mass air is. Sounds like the mass air you have is not set up for the injectors you have. Look @ the injectors, what color is the top of them?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I believe it was a 57mm throttle body when I measured it, and the MAF is 73mm if I remember correctly.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Plugs, Fuel Filter, cleaning the MAF. Probably the cheapest things you can do and usually makes a world of difference.

chance04

Senior SVT Member
Established Member
Plugs are brand new NGK's reccomended by trick flow, wires are 9mm ford motorsports, fuel filter hasn't been addressed yet but car doesn't seem to starve for fuel, guage tells me the car has about 35lbs or pressure at idle, and around 50lbs under full throttle. Mark C color of the injectors is blue and after a cross on google with the part number on them appear to be 24lb injectors

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Do you have a PVOM. If so...turn the key to the "on" position but dont start the car. Test the TPS sensor to see if it has .97-.99volts then at WOT it should be around 5v or so.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
PVOM = Personal Volt (O) Meter.
DVOM = Digital Volt (O) Meter?

I've always called it a PVOM....maybe im just dumb.

chance04

Senior SVT Member
Established Member
Yeah I do have a meter, and I ran that test, if I can recall correctly I ran the test with the car off and test the resistance. I worked the throttle slowly and the resistance started quite high and smoothly transitioned down while I was looking for sudden spikes

chance04

Senior SVT Member
Established Member
I have also checked for any vacuum leak possible thinking maybe the MAP sensor was throing the car for a loop, but nothing

Users who are viewing this thread