1995 Cobra Hardtop Convertible

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I don’t know where to really put this, but here’s one of the very rare 1995 SVT Cobra Hardtop Convertibles.

These are extremely hard to find today and probably the most rare Cobras of the last of the “Fox/SN95 pushrod 5.0’s”.

It’s in decent shape, but the asking price is VERY fair…. Someone should scoop this up as those are only going up in value as the years pass.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Only (499) ever produced; all Black exterior w/Saddle Leather interior.

Other factoids:
- You could not retro-fit the SVT Cobra hardtop to a standard SN95 convertible Mustang. The 95 Cobra hardtop convertible was unique from the standard convertibles because the windshield frame A-pillars were different as was where the hardtop mounted at the rear of the vehicle. The 95 SVT Vert/HT has (5) additional locking/mounting points to attach the hard top; these aren't found on the standard SN95 convertibles

- If you see a 95 Cobra hardtop convertible from behind, the rear window is smaller than a regular Cobra coupe. If you see one from the side, the rear 1/4 windows are much smaller than a true coupe.

——

Here’s images from an older thread on Corral from years ago to show the specifics of a 95 SVT Vert/HT:
21011d1252614564-picture967-1.jpg

21014d1252614564-picture1419-1.jpg

1668492507198.jpeg

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Other factoids:
- You could not retro-fit the SVT Cobra hardtop to a standard SN95 convertible Mustang.
I just saw a (silver?) Terminator for sale with the 95 hardtop. I know it's not a simple swap, but it's definitely been done.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I just saw a (silver?) Terminator for sale with the 95 hardtop. I know it's not a simple swap, but it's definitely been done.

Really? Any links or images? I'd like to know what the owner did with the windshield frame A-pillars and the latch points at the rear.

Very interesting.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Really? Any links or images? I'd like to know what the owner did with the windshield frame A-pillars and the latch points at the rear.

Very interesting.
Let me see if I can find it. It was silver. It was either here or BaT I think.
Not sure if this is what I saw or not.
FOR SALE: - 2003 Cobra Convertible Twin Turbo Monster
That's definitely the aftermarket roof though, not the OEM one. I swear I saw one just recently that mentioned the '95 top.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Let me see if I can find it. It was silver. It was either here or BaT I think.
Not sure if this is what I saw or not.
FOR SALE: - 2003 Cobra Convertible Twin Turbo Monster
That's definitely the aftermarket roof though, not the OEM one. I swear I saw one just recently that mentioned the '95 top.

Thanks for that link - pretty cool seeing a late model SN95 vert with a HT conversion. I posted in that link asking if Shaun could provide any further info/details about that HT.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

I bought a conv/ht new and sold it in 2013. The HT will go on a SN95 Mustang. The front latches do have a long pin that goes forward when you close the latch. But, you can modify the a-pillar for that pin. The rear 3 attachment points line up with existing points. The rear wiring harness for the vehicle is unique to give power to the hardtop backlight and dome light. This is probably trickier than physically getting it attached. Then, you would need to find the 2-piece package shelf to cover the soft top.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread