1995 Cobra R H pipe question

sdfrog177

Established Member
What is a good aftermarket H-Pipe (with high flow cats) for this car?

1. Leaving motor stock
2. Just installed a bassani cat back

Thanks.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I would go with a bassani X-pipe w/hi-flow cats.

I have installed their complete system on mustangs and Lightnings I previously owned and loved the fit and finish of the exhaust.

The MAC products are junk and do not fit worth a crap. BBK stuff fits o.k. for the price. I have heard Magnaflow and SLP products fit good but have no hands on experience with their products.

Have you considered going with Longtubes and matching H/X pipe?

sdfrog177

Established Member
Not going with the long tubes......Ca smog check/visual inspection is a PITA.

Thanks for the H-Pipe input.

sdfrog177

Established Member
I would go with a bassani X-pipe w/hi-flow cats.

I have installed their complete system on mustangs and Lightnings I previously owned and loved the fit and finish of the exhaust.

The MAC products are junk and do not fit worth a crap. BBK stuff fits o.k. for the price. I have heard Magnaflow and SLP products fit good but have no hands on experience with their products.

Have you considered going with Longtubes and matching H/X pipe?

Is the 95R H-Pipe the same specs as the 94/95 GT/Cobra 5.0?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hpipe is the same. The headers on a 95R make up the difference for the taller deck height of the 351W vs the shorter 302

Muff and tail assy's are also shared between the 5.0L and 5.8L Cobra's.

R

Last edited:

Venom351R

Established Member
Im adding cats to mine this spring. Its just way to loud with magapacks and an O/R H pipe. I want to add the Bassani X with high flow cats.

How is the "loudness" for you guys that are running a similar set up? Either Magnaflows or something of the like. I just want it more quiet, as mean as it does sound its just deafening.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The magnapacks are your problem as they are nothing more than a short straight thru glass pack muffler. Install a regular type muffler whether its a turbo type muffler or a chambered muffler and it will become quite a bit quieter and have a good tone.

I had a GT that I just sold off the lot... it had headers, Magnaflow Xpipe w/cats and there magnapack catback. The car sounded decent at idle but it was too loud when revved up and had a horrible drone at cruising speeds.

Venom351R

Established Member
Will I be able to run the same tail pipes by switching to magnaflows from the magapacks?

Users who are viewing this thread