1995 R promotional poster

RossSVT

Established Member
Does anyone have an extra one or could put me in contact with someone who does?

Thanks

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
RossSVT said:
Does anyone have an extra one or could put me in contact with someone who does?

Thanks

Is this the poster showing a side view of the 95R "at speed" with "Their Worst Nightmare" text on the poster and SVT specs listed for the 95R? I think that is the poster you are talking about, if so, I believe there are a couple variations, one is the more common version and one is a little harder to find, both have the "at speed" side view of the 95R.

R

RossSVT

Established Member
Robert M said:
Is this the poster showing a side view of the 95R "at speed" with "Their Worst Nightmare" text on the poster and SVT specs listed for the 95R? I think that is the poster you are talking about, if so, I believe there are a couple variations, one is the more common version and one is a little harder to find, both have the "at speed" side view of the 95R.

R

Thank's for the information. I'm looking for the on in the recgonition guide that came to the dealers and owner's at delivery. I think, if I remember correctly, it's the "Their Worst Nightmare".

Roger

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
RossSVT said:
Thank's for the information. I'm looking for the on in the recgonition guide that came to the dealers and owner's at delivery. I think, if I remember correctly, it's the "Their Worst Nightmare".

Roger

Roger - Yes, that is the poster that has two versions. Both have the 95R at speed and the 1/4 mile, top speed, specs as well as h.p. and tq. ratings etc. Both have "Their Worst Nightmare" if I remember correctly. One of them has four pictures at the bottom. One of the pictures has the SVE/SVT members assembled around a 95R for a photo shoot and I don't remember what is shown in the other three pictures. I believe the four small pictures on the poster are black and white. I will look through my posters and see if I can get some pictures. From what I have heard, either one and sometimes both posters were available to a 95R buyer/owner. The poster with the four black and white pictures seems to be the harder one to find. I believe only one of the two versions of this poster is shown in the SVT Cobra Recognition Guide.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert M said:
Roger - Yes, that is the poster that has two versions. Both have the 95R at speed and the 1/4 mile, top speed, specs as well as h.p. and tq. ratings etc. Both have "Their Worst Nightmare" if I remember correctly. One of them has four pictures at the bottom. One of the pictures has the SVE/SVT members assembled around a 95R for a photo shoot and I don't remember what is shown in the other three pictures. I believe the four small pictures on the poster are black and white. I will look through my posters and see if I can get some pictures. From what I have heard, either one and sometimes both posters were available to a 95R buyer/owner. The poster with the four black and white pictures seems to be the harder one to find. I believe only one of the two versions of this poster is shown in the SVT Cobra Recognition Guide.

R

I was mistaken in the above paragraph. The four pictures found on the one variation of the 95R poster are color, not black and white. It is some other SVT posters with SVT history that have the R's shown in small black and white pictures.

Here is a link to the two 95R posters that I have found. Both say "Their Worst Nightmare". One has the race track schedule and the other has the four color pictures at the bottom. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, but you get the idea of what 95R posters are available. It might be the poster with the race schedule that is the harder one to find, it is the one that was given to the original owner of my 95R when he bought the car new. I found the other poster with the four pictures after the fact.

Click on the image to enlarge it. Doc knows how to bring these pictures directly to this forum, I have not figured that out yet.

http://www.supermotors.org/mygarage/vehicles/content.php?id=12733&sID=35041

R

Last edited:

RossSVT

Established Member
Robert M said:
I was mistaken in the above paragraph. The four pictures found on the one variation of the 95R poster are color, not black and white. It is some other SVT posters with SVT history that have the R's shown in small black and white pictures.

Here is a link to the two 95R posters that I have found. Both say "Their Worst Nightmare". One has the race track schedule and the other has the four color pictures at the bottom. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, but you get the idea of what 95R posters are available. It might be the poster with the race schedule that is the harder one to find, it is the one that was given to the original owner of my 95R when he bought the car new. I found the other poster with the four pictures after the fact.

Click on the image to enlarge it. Doc knows how to bring these pictures directly to this forum, I have not figured that out yet.

http://www.supermotors.org/mygarage/vehicles/content.php?id=12733&sID=35041

R

That's the one! The one with the 4 pics at the bottom and race schedule. Now to find either one. :(

Picture%20523.jpg

Picture%20524.jpg

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
tomshep said:
Robert,

Very interesting. I have never seen the version with the race schedule at the bottom. How about sending me a .jpg of that pic?

[email protected]

Thanks, Tom

Tom - I sent you a couple pictures this morning. Let me know if you do not received them. I had a send/receive error at the end. If I need to resend, It will be in two weeks. I am flying to Dallas this morning for work related training.

R

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Robert,

Thanks. I got it.

So, does anyone know the difference between the history or reason for the two variations?

Tom

RossSVT

Established Member
I don't Tom but it would be interesting on why the 2 variations. If you know of anyone with either one and willing to part with one, please let me know.

Roger

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
tomshep said:
Robert,

Thanks. I got it.

So, does anyone know the difference between the history or reason for the two variations?

Tom

Tom - I am out of town so I can not verify this info., but isn't the first race track date on the top poster in Feb. This would be before the 95R was built, except the two assembly line test/pilot 95R's. Could this poster have been the early release/pre-production poster and the other poster with the SVE and SVT employee pictures produced once the Cobra R had actually been built and released to the public. By the time the 95R was actually released, the second race would probably have been completed as dated on the early poster?

R

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
R-

I can't read the print on the pic you sent me. This is the first I had heard of both posters. The picture versions I have were from an MCA event in 1995 in Houston TX and I also had two sent to me from Tom Shreiner from a car show he ran.

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
tomshep said:
R-

I can't read the print on the pic you sent me. This is the first I had heard of both posters. The picture versions I have were from an MCA event in 1995 in Houston TX and I also had two sent to me from Tom Shreiner from a car show he ran.

Tom

Tom - I was able to increase the % of that jpeg and the text became clear to read. I think this can be done if the picture is moved to a photo shop program.

R

Users who are viewing this thread