1996 cobra gauge cluster

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Brian Brockman AKA brians96cobra sold me what he claimed was a 96 Cobra instrument cluster for $200.00.

When I received it, I saw that it was a 94 or early 95 5.0 cluster out of a GT, but a 96-98 Cobra face had been put on it. It had the printed label on the side, saying it was from a 5.0 and had a 150MPH speedometer. The idiot lights of the cluster do not match the idiot lights on the face, and the cluster pinout has significant differences from the 96 cluster harness.

When I told Brian what the cluster was, he told me it had come out of his 96 Cobra race car. When I told him the cluster and the face did not match, and that the connector wiring was significantly different from the 96, he told me it had come out of his 96 Cobra and had worked in it and it must be correct. I told him it would not work in my daily driven street car.

When I asked for my money back, and told him I would return the cluster, he started to ignore me and has never responded to me to date, weeks now.

Brian Brockman has no integrity. DO NOT BUY from him. If anything goes wrong he will not do right by you.

Negative feedback left.

Mark

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Thanks! This is a good idea to help others avoid getting scewed like I did.

But I am afraid he's changed his screen name and he is probably busy screwing other people under a different name. Grrr.

NXNLINE

Established Member
Inform the moderator

he could see if the shit head starts a new name with his old info, I believe the buyer need to get a phone number before the sale and make contact, this has helped me in the past. I normally don;t buy from people who are new to the site. Also I ask for a email as well, hope this helps you pal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread