1996 D1SC Procharged T56 Cobra

rubber duck

Established Member
1996 D1SC Procharged T56 Cobra FS/FT

For sale is my modded 1996 Cobra. Car has 103,XXX on the chassis and around 6,XXX on the built motor, tranny, and blower. Motor built and installed by Excessive Motorsports as well as the T56. SCT tuned.

Down to the goodies.

Motor:
Teksid block bored .020"
D1SC Procharger with 3 core FMIC
Reichard Raciing 3.12 Ultra Grip pulley (15-16 psi)
Converted to blow through with bypass vented to atmosphere
H-Beam rods, CP +17 cc pistons, steel Cobra crank (approx. 8.5 CR)
Stock heads, cams, intake

Transmission/Drivetrain:
New T-56 tranmission 03/04 Cobra spec
Pro 5.0 short throw w/ classic white Hurst knob
Spec stage 3 clutch
FRPP Aluminum driveshaft
Stock 8.8 rear with 4:10 gears

Suspension:
Kenny Brown full length weld in subframes
Maximum Motorsport LCAs
Prokit springs

Fuel/Ignition
60 pound injectors
Twin 255 pumps
Stock rails and lines
Brand new FMS coils/wires
New TR7ix plugs

Appearance:
Chrome Saleens-18x9 fronts with F1's, 18x10 rears with 315 BFG drag radials, plenty of rubber all around
KSR smoked headlights
Smoked bumper reflectors
Stainless Cobra bumper inserts
Gauges-Autometer Cobalt Monster tach w/ blue shift light, fuel pressure, water temp, and boost

Dynoed 518/455 at 12 psi with a conservative tune through catalytic converters. Car was street tuned at 15 psi. It pulls harder now to say the least. I'm not sure how much more could be had with a dyno tune, I'm sure there's more power on the table, if I had to guess it's at 550 as it sits. Only problems is the 3.12 pulley is pushing it with the six rib setup, it's hard on belts. The solution would to be either to go to a larger pulley and or go with the 8 rib conversion off an F150. I also have a larger 3.4" pulley w/ belt I can throw on if desired.

Trades-Looking for a Lightning, 03/04 Cobra, or a built notch. Let me know what you have. Asking $13k, here's a few pics.
cobra2.jpg
cobra3.jpg

cobra4.jpg
cobra1.jpg

Last edited:

rubber duck

Established Member
I know someone out there is looking to unload a car payment, I'm your huckleberry.:-D

Last edited:

bitten

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I may have overlooked it but what exhaust are you running? Also, how is the overall condition of the body?

rubber duck

Established Member
I may have overlooked it but what exhaust are you running? Also, how is the overall condition of the body?
Looks like I left that out. Stock headers, bassani stainless catted x-pipe, magnaflow magnapack stainless cat back with 4" slash cut tips. It's a pretty loud setup even through cats. The body is fine, no rust or anything like that. Paint has some normal road wear on the hood and front bumper, nothing major.

rubber duck

Established Member
All PMs replied to, sorry if it's taken a little bit to get back to some of you, working some heavy hours right now. Working on a tentative deal with the TT Cobra right now.

Users who are viewing this thread