1996 to 2003 cobra charger

hurikane85

Established Member
I have a 1996 cobra and looking into chargers and wondered which route to go. would it be cheaper to just get a set of pi heads and 03 intake and stock 03' charger vs. getting a centrifical charger from vortech or procharger. What else other than heads an intake and charger from a 03' would it take to make it almost a 03'.
any help would be awesome, thanks

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
pi heads......sounds like he jus came over from the dark side

Blaster77

Established Member
18 long days since this topic was last posted about....I was beginning to think that SVTP gained some common sense, but the OP reinforced my opinions.

All joking aside,

It's better to go with vortech than to try and put an eaton on your 96.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
PI heads? Those are on GTs not cobras... hense the dark side remark.. the only thing about heads you will normally see is B heads(sn95 cobras) dunno about the 99/01..think they are C.. sorry guys.. and 03/04 C heads...

if you look at htread posted above ^ or use the search option you will find, ide say an unlimited number of threads to look at about this question...

but truthfully a vortec or procharger would be cheaper to do. and you dont have to replace anything.. just buy the kit..

Last edited:

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
search.gif

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Yeah as soon as I read that I though troll or just came over from the dark side. that being said i think we should go easy on him.

All you need to do to your car is the following: 4.10 gears, full exhaust, tune, nitrous kit or blower kit (vortech or procharger). no need to touch your heads/intake. personally i like prochargers air to air intercooler set up. it comes down to personal preference as many ford guys have been loyal to vortech. hope this helps, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread