1997 4v cobra

Clemmonssvt

Established Member
Ok guys , need some help. I own a 97 mustang cobra 4.6 4v I believe I has 3:73 gears in it. My problem is when I’m at a stop light or stop sign taking off in first gear I can feel a kind of grinding towards the rear end , and have no clue what it might b. It only happens when I’m leaving in first gear other than that it drives perfect and cruises at 80 with no vibration or anything. Please help what could this b

DaveWertz

Established Member
Mine vibrates when leaving around a turn it also clanks when its not under a load pulling into a parking lot ect on while turning. I believe my clutch packs are shot in the rear so I bought carbon fiber clutches to see if that fixes the issue. It may or not be the issue for you as well. It's pretty cheap, I think $100 for the kit

Clemmonssvt

Established Member
Mine vibrates when leaving around a turn it also clanks when its not under a load pulling into a parking lot ect on while turning. I believe my clutch packs are shot in the rear so I bought carbon fiber clutches to see if that fixes the issue. It may or not be the issue for you as well. It's pretty cheap, I think $100 for the kit

Clemmonssvt

Established Member
What’s funny is I’ve noticed mine only does it when I’m turning as well , also clanks like your saying when I pull in the clutch as I’m creeping in to park. Did the carbon fiber packs fix both of your issues. Mine just started doing the grinding or vibrating when turning in first gear and don’t kno what the issue is

Clemmonssvt

Established Member
What’s funny is I’ve noticed mine only does it when I’m turning as well , also clanks like your saying when I pull in the clutch as I’m creeping in to park. Did the carbon fiber packs fix both of your issues. Mine just started doing the grinding or vibrating when turning in first gear and don’t kno what the issue is

Clemmonssvt

Established Member

Clemmonssvt

Established Member
Are u talking about the friction plates. Ford performance traction - LOK rebuild kit with carbon discs ?

Attachments

• EEB580F2-9047-4C52-9421-CF44D61AC0D4.png
    EEB580F2-9047-4C52-9421-CF44D61AC0D4.png
    483 KB · Views: 85

Users who are viewing this thread