1997 Cobra Clutch Question.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I have a chance to pick up a brand-new SPEC Stage 1 Clutch, Flywheel, Steeda Clutch Cable & a Ford Racing TOB for a really good deal. But it's for a 1999 Cobra, and I have a 1997. I've read a little about going up to an 11" Clutch in pre-99 Mustangs, so I was wondering if anyone here has gone up to an 11" Clutch over the 10 1/2", and if so, do you like it better?

robvas

Established Member
Years before I tried a SPEC in my wife's 02 GT. Bad experience for me. Real loud and hard pedal feel for just a stock type clutch. Went to McLeod and the difference was quite noticeable. Been using McLeod ever since with same success.
Not sure which exact one it was but I had a spec in my 2000 and I loved it. Felt like stock, I could slip it, it held 525hp with no issues

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Not sure which exact one it was but I had a spec in my 2000 and I loved it. Felt like stock, I could slip it, it held 525hp with no issues
Just a SPEC Stage 1. All was SPEC except for the TOB and I only use the Ford HD TOB. Like I said, bad experience for me. I have friends that went with SPEC and had no issues in their stangs. I went with the Stage 1 Mcleod in the GT and it was great. Even handled the power of a Procharger. Now I have the Mcleod Street Extremes in my Cobras I have no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread