1997 Cobra Kenne Bell questions

97poizn

Established Member
I have a semi-stock 97 Cobra. I would like to get the 2.1 Kenne Bell for my car. What is the safest/but most amount of boost I can have without destroying the block? Can you hear the whine on these like terminators? What additional mods would I need to help with this kit i.e. injectors, mass air, fuel pump, Throttle Body Etc? Is this kit a good option for this car with no low end torque? Would this kit be ok with 4.10 gears? Thanks guys

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
about 8psi. youll run in to heatsoak and stupid high IATs before you hurt the engine with the supercharger unless the tune is bad.

the whine isnt as loud on the KBs. you can get a different pulley but youll need meth injection to make it work. kinda lame for a street car imo.

42# injectors and 255 fuel pump, tune.

its one option. another is a centri. different powerband. another is nitrous. any power adder will be fine with 4.10s. get sticky tires.

cbrown9064

Established Member
On a stock 1996-98 engine with B heads, there isn't room for an after cooler below the supercharger and the INtake air gets hot.

With a centri (Vortech, Paxton, Procharger) you can intercool it.

If you want to run meth injection, you can make good power with a KB on our cars. If don't want to mess with methanol, then a centri with an intercooler is a better option, in my opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread