1997 Cobra PTK question.

Pro Turbo Kit or Procharger F1A for my 97 cobra

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J-Betschart

Established Member
Hello all, I have recently purchased a Pro Turbo Kit for my 1997 cobra. I currently have an F1A and I am going turbo'd. My question is does anyone have any experience with other tubular K members that fit around this kit? It was originally made around the D&D K member, but they went out of business years ago. So as you can imagine it is pretty dificult to get my hands on one. Any information would be greatly apreciated! Thanks

-Jordan

Update--- Just added a new poll question. Keep in mind I already have a full set up for the F1A with an 8 rib set up. And I have most of a Pro Turbo Kit but not the required tubular k member and the turbo its self. Just looking to see what you guys personally prefer / would do. Thanks!

greencobra1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

J-Betschart

Established Member
I actually got the car from a friend and it already had the F1A , and I have just been wanting to go turbo'd for some time now. And I lost oil pressure about a month ago and figured while the car is all torn apart I would go turbo'd. Although I did love my F1A though, Just a prefrence I suppose. Nice choice of color on the cobra by the way! I would post a picture of mine but cant figure out how to at the moment haha.

-Jordan

J-Betschart

Established Member
That's almost a sign that I should keep the f1 . I did get to dyno but unfortanately the belt started slipping at 4400 but it did make 363hp and 404 tq on a Mustang dyno on 10 psi. It was a very conservative tune though . It was high 10s for afr and 15 degrees. Did you ever get yours dyno'd?

-Jordan

badblacklx

Established Member
turbo ftw! Also I would just look at the pics of d*d k member and choose one as similar to it as possible.

J-Betschart

Established Member
Well I am sincerely mad at you. After reading your thread I am almost thinking I spent 3k on my turbo kit for nothing. Thinking on keeping my F1A Haha.

J-Betschart

Established Member
Are you still using your 4" pulley? Thats what I was using and I was seeing around 12 -13 psi. Just kind of curious if you ever hit 20# with that pulley.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Are you still using your 4" pulley? Thats what I was using and I was seeing around 12 -13 psi. Just kind of curious if you ever hit 20# with that pulley.

I hit 20.5 with it at 6k rpm. however you will see in my build thread that I have an outer 8" crank pulley- as opposed to the 6.5" stock inner crank pulley.

J-Betschart

Established Member
Oh man I do love the sound of some good blower cams on a 4.6. Both will great make great power, I am kinda in between on which way to go right now. And I suppose i never really got to see how much boost my car actually made before since I never got to see it after 4400 rpm. I am running a 10% over drive pulley. Which cat back are you running Encasedmetal?

-Jordan

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
i took a borla setup and customized it to fit exactly right, but also put so generic proflo mufflers in- so what you hear is the quietest the car can be. I will be hopefully adding DHM low profile cutouts soon

Users who are viewing this thread