1997 cobra vs 06ish? Infinity g35

blkvenm97

Established Member
I was out cruisin in a nearby town a couple weeks ago in my black 97 cobra. It has a jlt cai, march pullies, hpipe, flows, and 4.10s. This guy kept racing by in about an 06 infinity g35 (basically the same thing as a 350z for anyone who might not know) so I pull him over and ask him to race. He proudly proclaims he's only been beaten once in his stock g35 and that was against a GTO (he must not race very much lol) So after a quick chat with a couple of his friends he comes back and decides he wants to race me from a 40-45 mph roll on the interstate. I started from 2nd gear and I think I was running close to 5k rpms. We went after the 3rd honk and I pulled off easily. I'd say it was around 4 cars or so. I let off at the end of 4th gear. From the crack of the throttle till the end of the race I pulled. So I guess that makes two races he's lost in his g35 lol. We talked when we got back and he was cool, didn't have the ricer mentality either (the making up every excuse in the book as to why they lose...don't you just hate that?) and he admited I handed his ass to him.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Nice kill man. I had a similar experience with an 06 G35, the owner was very cool after losing 4-5 times.

97cobra1

Established Member
Yeah, i walked my buddies 03 Z pretty hard not too long after i got my car. All he has is exhaust. They're not THAT quick in a straight line, but that car does handle pretty damn well.

blkvenm97

Established Member
they do handle very well...no dought. they look good too but from a drag race perspective it's no contest against a 96-98 cobra unless they have several mods...quick cars tho. I outran a 350z some guy in my town hada bout 3 years ago before I got my jlt and my 4:10s and walked him 3 cars or so easily.....and he was about to bet money on the race....too bad he didn't:burnout:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good kill, those cars do pretty good for having 6cylinders, but they arent drag cars by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread