1997 Mustang head rest removal

03svtblk

Established Member
Have a '97 GT and am updating the seat belt retainer loops to the new closed loop design like on my '03 Cobra. Any ideas on removal of the head rest on these

Thanks! :??:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I know that in the fox's, there's a small thin plate inside the seat you have to pry back with a flat head screwdriver and while holding it, pull up on the headrests.

The plate is on the track that the headrest slides up and down on inside the back of the seat. It will be located on the front of the track. Hope this helps ya'. Oh yeah, don't get cut, there's a lot of sharp shit in seats.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
I know that in the fox's, there's a small thin plate inside the seat you have to pry back with a flat head screwdriver and while holding it, pull up on the headrests.

The plate is on the track that the headrest slides up and down on inside the back of the seat. It will be located on the front of the track. Hope this helps ya'. Oh yeah, don't get cut, there's a lot of sharp shit in seats.

Thats how you do it, but its tough to do. I'm having trouble getting my headrests off my 95 cobra. They are a pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread