1998 Ford Contour SVT 116k miles

foureyedmustang

Established Member
PRICE DROP:$2500
1998 CSVT, 116,3xx miles, T-Red, Midnight blue interior, 17in K1 wheels with good tires. Car has flaws with it but overall a great running and driving car. I have a truck and the wife has a new car so just dont need this anymore, thought somebody might like it for a dd or maybe a CSVT enthusiast would enjoy it. May look at trades depending what it is but price is at $2500 obo.Here is a run down of everything i know about it.
I have had the car for about 7-8 months. This is the 2nd CSVT that i have had, they are really good cars and fun to drive as far as gas mileage truthfully i have no idea i have never calculated it. Its not as good on gas as a honda but obviously its not like driving a big block chevelle or something like that lol, it has to have high test gas and it has kind of a small tank and does pretty good on mileage. Im gonna be truthful and honest and lay out everything i know about it. The front bumper as you could prob see in the pics is chipping the paint off, and the drivers front fender has some dents in it. The rear bumper has a crack in it where i think my g/f backed into one of the concrete slabs in a parking lot. The ABS went out on the previous owner and he put a master cylinder from a regular contour without ABS on it and now the pedal is a lil mushy but the brakes work fine. I have the parts to fix it i just havent had the time to fix it. The CEL is on right now, im trying to figure out why its on, it has 4 codes in it for all 4 O2 sensors but i really doubt that all 4 sensors went out at the same time its more than likely just a wiring problem but im tryin to figure that out. Other than that this is a great running and driving car, all 4 tires are in great shape and the car rides great, heat and A/C work fine. Title is clean and clear. Im a former Ford technician and i can honestly say this is a good sound vehicle, and a blast to drive. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Car is located in Swannanoa NC

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Im sorry but i dont know how to post pics, if you will send me your email address i will send you some.

If the pictures are saved onto your computer, go to photobucket.com and create an account(it's free). Select the upload button and choose the pictures saved on your computer to upload. After they are uploaded, when you place your cursor over the image, you'll see an "IMG code" link. Copy that link and paste it into the message box of this thread. Your pictures will then show up;)

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
IMG00075-20100331-1900.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02962.jpg

foureyedmustang

Established Member
Sweet, thank you manir. Ok come on people 95 views and not even a single offer?
the price is obo and i will entertain trades

Last edited:

N A Rush

Established Member
PRICE DROP:$2500
1998 CSVT, 116,3xx miles, T-Red, Midnight blue interior, 17in K1 wheels with good tires. Car has flaws with it but overall a great running and driving car. I have a truck and the wife has a new car so just dont need this anymore, thought somebody might like it for a dd or maybe a CSVT enthusiast would enjoy it. May look at trades depending what it is but price is at $2500 obo.
Car is located in Swannanoa NC

What are some of the flaws?

foureyedmustang

Established Member
What does this mean? Your the OP of this thread. :shrug:

Guys be cautious of this seller. No pm returned or even counter offers. :nonono:

I added more info. to the orginal post. I have been busy lately plus i have it posted several other places including craigslist and local iwanna, im sorry. Please do not bash me in my own post, go do that somewhere else.
Im sending you a pm and daywen a pm, thanx

Users who are viewing this thread